Northeast Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBong

Reaction score
I have plants ready, actually needing, to go outside. I am running out of room in my small indoor area as plants get larger. Temps are holding in the high 30's to low 40's at night, and my gut says I shouldn't put them out yet. They desperately need transplanting but our winter was so crappy and spring has been so cold and windy I haven't dared. Advice? Anyone in New England put their girls out yet?

Do not put them out yet, wait till the weather warms up a bit. I usually wait till after May 11th (mothers day)...I'm in the NE also.

Remember MJ doesn't grow below 60 deg F,,,,and you're just adding bug & critter(deer/rabbit) problems to the mix.

Transplant them and keep them inside until temps warm up. Then do it slowly to "harden them off".

Transplanting will be an issue as I don't have a large enough space for even 1 gal pots. It's a closet basically. At this rate they will become root bound and stop growth. If I leave them in small solo cups for another month will it hurt final yield? Roots are already showing at the bottom of the cups.

Transplanting will be an issue as I don't have a large enough space for even 1 gal pots. It's a closet basically. At this rate they will become root bound and stop growth. If I leave them in small solo cups for another month will it hurt final yield? Roots are already showing at the bottom of the cups.

How tall are the plants ?, I always wait until they are at least 12-14" tall, before they go outside.

go get some cheap bags.... 10 for a few bucks...plastic... It is worth it.

How big a closet? Are the plants sexed? How many do you have? You might be better off abandoning some of the plants so that what you have will be healthy and not stunted from being overcrowded.

Latest posts

Back