veg. with red spectrum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes it is

but theyr are conseqences

Blue light promotes strong, healthy growth. The red spectrum adds weight. They say that it can add 20% of the final weight if red spectrum is used for flowering. Many people on this site like to use fluorescents for veging (short, bushy plants produced) and an HPS for flowering big buds.

Do you know what temp it burns at. It should have a number on it somewhere with a K following it. 5500K? Something like that?

no it doesnt say anywhere on the box. i have two lights and on one box it says day lite. and the other says warm lite. i have pics in my grow journal.

What about on the bulb itself though... Usually on the (due to lack of the correct term) neck of the bulb it have writing on it about the bulb... No?

U want that day light when Ur flowering and U wanna grow under soft white.. thats what i keep seeing everywhere anyway.. thats what i do.. and my grow is going great so far..

mine is goin really good i was jus wondering if the growth would still be good if one of my plants was just under my orange fluorescent.

It isn't going to be a horrible thing for the plant if you were to do that... Funny thing though. I have these 4 plants in a DWC system in the "back corner" of my grow so to speak. They have been seeing a mix of 3000K and 6500K bulbs for their whole lives until last week when I changed their lights to 3000K for a period of time. Within a day or two of doing this they showed female preflowers. Kind of amazing I'd say... Due to the spectrum change, they knew the time was getting near for them to flower.

thats interesting. yeah i do the same i have the red and blue spectrum bulbs on at the same time during veg.

i have a cfl`s that`s 18000k but is high in the blue spectrum, not so high in the red,high in the yellow though.can MJ use yellow light?
apollogies for hijacking the thread.:ccc: :stoned: :ccc:

shuggy what is the name of this bulb ?? send a link or a pic of it if you can

those are aquarium lights ??
theyr are awesome for vegin

I like to mix up the spectrums for veg (blue+red), then go full red spectrum for flowering.

Although, I know professional growers who use strictly MH (blue spectrum) for the entire grow, and have very good results.

Honestly, I don't think you would notice a significant difference.

can MJ use yellow light?
According to most people that are asked...no. According to Jorge Cervantes...yes. I believe so since the only time your plant is yellow is during a deficiency(plants reflect green spec and don't use it hence the green color of plants). Though it may be minimal...i'd have to say yes.

brouli said:
shuggy what is the name of this bulb ?? send a link or a pic of it if you can

those are aquarium lights ??
theyr are awesome for vegin
these lights are to promote coral,they`re "marine aquarium lights".
If you swing by my grow journal,i have the spectrum and pics of the tube it came in.Should tell ya all you want to know;) .
l8rs B.
P.S the beans i got from the doc are very hard to germinate,changing "methods of germ" continually. I`ll post pics of the gals l8r,
cheers.:stoned: :ccc: :stoned:

Latest posts

Back