Fox Farms -vs- Miracle Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use FFOF myself as that is what was left for me, for blooming nutes I am using FF Big Bloom, reduced by 1/2 FF rec's. The experement with the mix was intended to add alittle extra without doing too much, we're both old dogs so we have lots of patience.
I like what I see with the FFOF because it's rite here in my face ya know.
I have seen Caretakers pics and they are nice, I would have never guessed that MG was involved. Nice job.
I was mainly curious if a mix like that had been tried by anyone here, I trust the opinions here. Or most anyway. Gotta get back to my constuction. Building my light frame, gotta finish my new room asap.
take care thx for the input, will keep you posted if interested.

Thank you so much for that link Hick. I was looking for good instructions through the forum however with Dial-Up I seem to be having difficulties browsing when the server has alot of people on it! :(

I am going to experiment with my Tomatos as my girls are still small & I don't want to lose any of their babies. LOL

i know im really late on this and havent read past the first two reply's but it has been a long time for me, and i will say your crazy if you willingly choose mg over ff. i nuted mine everytime i watered, twice a week at the higher dosages than recomended on the bottle and i pullled in over a pound off four plants in my 2nd grow. Mg killed my first plant in under three weeks. ff is pretty much geared to what your wanting to grow, where as mg is more focused towards my pretty annuals exploding with colorful flowers out front. get what im saying?
:cool:

I dont think I would choose MG over FF but if my money was tight or I dont want to walk out of the hyrdo store with 5 bags of that stuff. a 2 cu ft bag of MG fills 5 3gal buckets. FF is 1cu ft a bag. I would atleast need 4 of those. I guess thats not to bad. I just dont like hydro stores. I hope that not a start to paranoia. Im statewide legal though so I dont know. I said before what I am doing is working so I dont want to stray right now and maybe have to relearn that soil. I need a stored crop though so if I dont like results I still have goods. But I almost garuntee I will do better. I just dont have the money to afford that stuff ontop of going to the store that sells it. Why wouldnt home depot sell it? Is it like the PRO TEAM of all dirts? Whats better than fox farm?

edit FFOF is a 1.5 cu. ft. bag

I have a friend up in Washington that bought some generic soil called Rapid Grow Organics from a local nursery, he now swears by this stuff. Says it is not only easy to work with but its about $5 cheaper, will try to get more info, availability, nut content etc. I do know he had a bumper crop off that first planting he did, almost 1/3 more product and the only thing he had changed was the soil.
Take care, happy growing.
:bong:

i have never used the soil just the nutes and additives. i used an orgainc soil mixture that i found at the local nursery, added a little lime and peat moss and it worked amazing for me. but ff soil is pretty much the bad EDIT of soils when it comes to the goods.

Latest posts

Back