Earth Juice and Amended Mixes ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droopy Dog

Reaction score
I have LC's Soiless Mix #1 'cooking' in the garage right now.

Basically a peat moss/perlite/worm casting mix and further amended with Dolomitic Lime, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, and Kelp Meal.

Sort of a toned down 'Super Soil'.:cool: :cool:

My question is: Where would EJ fit into this, or, even if it would?

I was thinking, perhaps to correct deficiency's should they occur, or throughout at a much reduced rate of application.

But then again, I may not even need it with what's already in the mix.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks.

DD

Well - this is my bread and butter Droopy,

I've been working my soil mix for some time. Something plug and play - adding water only. It's a similar mix to Sub's. He's got it pretty dialed in. In any case, I accidently fed one of these soil plants my typical EJ mix. A relatively weak solution for veg.

It responded by doubling growth rate. This obviously told me 2 things. One - that my soil mix could use improvement. Second - EJ really boosts soil when added in the right ratios.

IMO it's a fantastic solution for your purposes. You could feed weak ratios through-out or it will indeed help in regards to deficiencies.

peace....Jman

Thanks! It was your thoughts I was looking for.:goodposting:

I'll order one of those combos on ebay.

The only thing I find 'wrong' (If that's even the right word to use), with sub's super soil is the need for a neutral mix so the plants can grow into the hot stuff.

I use the same mix for everything and mj might get 20% of the total made, with most going to container veggies and herbs. I usually grab whatever is closest to hand when potting or up canning and having something super hot that might get used by accident ........:eek: :eek:

Mo Betta for me to add to a mild mix than try and remove from a hot one.:D

Can't wait for your soil study.:farm: :farm:

It just bugs me that people pay so much for bags of 'dirt', when you can roll your own so much cheaper and more tailored to specific needs.:confused2:

Thanks again!

DD

Hey DD,

Forgot to mention - the Blue Mountain Organics showed up yesterday. Thanks so much for the tip. They look like some quality organics - I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks............Jman

Cool!

Just got off ebay. Guy there had a good price on a qt of Protekt ($9.99), and even better prices on the EJ Meta K and Micro Blast ($5.99), also in qt. Shipping was a flat $11.50 for up to 4 bottles due to the flat rate box he uses.

Got 2 qts of the Pro Tekt and 1 qt each of the 2 EJ additives. Bummer, but he didn't have any of the grow, bloom, or cat. If he had, I would have scarfed them up.;)

The combo deal also had a 'make offer', which I did, but even if it's accepted it will come out to $10/qt shipped. Not bad, but not as good as the MK and MB.

A head to head with the BMO and EJ will be more than interesting, since both of them seem to be excellent quality for the $$$$$.

Can't wait!

DD

Latest posts

Back