Help with these problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Landing

Okay, so I've got three plant problems I need diagnosed.

1.) One of my plants (Blue Cheese, I believe) has developed this strange issue with a portion of its leaves. I thought it was some sort of bug but none of the plants around it are affected.

P1040739.jpg

P1040740.jpg

2.) Some of my clones are turning brown. Others are fine. They all had a lot of roots when planted.
P1040736.jpg

P1040738.jpg

3.) Lastly, there is this issue..
P1040741.jpg

What you're looking at are the stems of two cuttings after being placed in rockwool cubes for two weeks and then removed from the rockwool cubes.

As you can see, the roots have formed a sort of ball around the stem and aren't going any further.

Thankfully, I've had great success with my bubble cloner, but the rockwool is kind of a dud.

After transplanting these cuttings to the bubble cloner, they might survive or they might not but I have no idea what is causing this.

The bigger plant looks like the affected leaves were damaged while they were small. Did you try to FIM that plant when it was smaller? It looks like there was some kind of physical damage done(as opposed to chemical) and then they grew through it.

The smaller plants look like they are having pH issues or the lower leaves are getting nute solution splashed on some of them. However, a couple of them look like they are needing magnesium. What kind off soil are they in and what are you feeding/watering with? And do you check the pH of what you use to water?

The bigger plant looks like the affected leaves were damaged while they were small. Did you try to FIM that plant when it was smaller? It looks like there was some kind of physical damage done(as opposed to chemical) and then they grew through it.

The smaller plants look like they are having pH issues or the lower leaves are getting nute solution splashed on some of them. However, a couple of them look like they are needing magnesium. What kind off soil are they in and what are you feeding/watering with? And do you check the pH of what you use to water?

No, I didn't FIM or top, though I probably should. Is there a reason not to?

I just water them with ph 6.8 water, no nutes as of yet. Most of the clones do fine that way.

Time for a flush
Flush with 3 times the volume of the pot, with air temperate ph neutral water, allow to drain over night or in a dim room
tho you haven't nuted the plants yet, theres obviously something in that 'hot' soil they don't like
next pot up add 30% perlite to avoid these moments

Depending on what's in that soil on the clones, Vostok may be right. However if the soil is unnuted then you need to add nutrients. I grow and clone in coco coir which has nothing in it until I feed them, but I generally begin feeding them as soon as I see them beginning to produce new growth on the tops as that means that they have built up enough root base that they can switch to ffull veg function. At that point if they don't get food right away, they will quickly develop deficiencies.

On the big plant with the deformed leaves, Is there new growth, which looks normal, above the damaged looking leaves? Or are the damaged looking leaves continuing to be the top growth?

How are your temps? How close is the light? For the big plants....i have seen heat stress look like that before. Notice the bleached tips of all your new growth in those pics? If you arent feeding them, and you are on top of your ph, then the next logical cause is heat. As for the clones, it doesnt seem that they are going to root for you. Is thier medium too wet....soggy soil can cause the stem to rot instead of root.

Also on the big plant the leaves are cupping upwards and twisting....is the fan blowing directly at them...if its too strong then that kind of stress can happen.

Latest posts

Back