please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxter89

Reaction score
how we doing? matt here. Been growing for about 6 months now and have had some pretty mind puzzling problems, hoping someone has some impute.
im growing in hp pro mix using GH ionic grow and bloom. i keep my ph between 5.7 and 5.9. i start with clones, then to solo cups, then to 3 quarts then to 5 gallons. my rooms stay between 62 and 80. ive been feeding pretty much every time keeping it right around 4 to 500 ppm once they have some nice roots in the 5 gal. i may have let them dry out a little to much. i checked them around 7pm and had little moisture and by 10 am they were way to dry. and now cant seem to get them to go back to reaching for the lights. i use 1000 watt keep a good distance and check my canopy with a laser and temp never seems to get too warm. hopefully i can get some incite.
12782460_1701960073376873_1140449306_n.jpg

hello . if your growing in soil your PH should be 6.5-7.0. plants look good and from the picture they look like they are thirsty. you may have some heavy feeders which means they take up more fast. if thats the case bump up the feedings/watering..

hope this helps
TCABS

First, if you are growing in soil. your pH is too low. Nutrients are only available to plants at certain pH levels. While 5.7 to 5.9 would not be too bad for hydro, it is not a good pH level for soil. You want to keep your pH in the 6.3 to 6.8 range. In addition, I would say that your PPMs are also too low. I would also be watering to runoff--you should not really have to be watering everyday if you are in larger containers. It makes me think you are watering too little and too shallowly, not allowing the roots to grow to their full potential.

Tell us how large a space you have and what your ventilation set up is like. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis.

THG...... I believe "hp pro mix" is soilless so he should be ok with the 5.9 ph...... he might want to bump it up to 6.1 and down to 5.7 every so often......... I do agree the ppm's are to low ...... but not familiar GH ionic grow and bloom....... plant looks good..... looks to be a big plant which will require water more often as she grows in her 5 gallon bucket.......... how big are you planning to let her get?

When I started growing that was the ph I started with, but I'm using soiless so having my ph around 6.3 to 6.5 I got crazy lockout and wasn't getting anywhere. So I checked the ph of my runoff of my 5.5 water and it came out close to 7. So I knew I had to bring it down So I was told to treat it like hydro and since then there's been a dramatic change. I get pretty good run off and I only water when feeling light and when I can't find moisture with the tip of my finger. I'm using ro and since there is no fert in the pro mix I always keep even a quarter nutrients so there's at least somthing. I used to water feed water feed slowly raising my ppm till the end of veg but it wasn't working either. Feeding every time using have strength worked great through the solo cup and 3 quarts and even the first couple of weeks in the 5 gal. But then I came in and they were dropping like they needed water but I could still feel a little moisture in the soil, so I flushed it thinking there was some salt build up and there almost dry today but not looking better. My veg room is pretty large I have 12 1000 watt mh, with one outline fan and one backdraft line that i clogged due to the 20 degree weather I'm in. My lights are air cooled as well with 6 fans. room size 13 x 33

I let em get about to my belly button maybe a little taller, I shoot for about 6 weeks but right now I'm waiting for a room to open up. Which is fine because I would like them to look great before I move them. Plus I might cut down a couple and put them in 10 gallons, just takes a lot of water

Bumped up my ph and seems to be doing better tomorrow I will post pic if t continues

Latest posts

Back