LED light output

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YO DUDE CHECK OUT THE NUG CITY IN THE GROW JOURNAL SECTION. I HAVE 4, P150's. AND BEEN USEING THEM FOR OVER A YEAR WITH NO PROB'S.
PLATINUM LED's ARE ONE OF THE BEST LED's. BUT I HOPE YOU HAVE DEEP POCKETS. I ALSO HAVE 2 PLATINUM P4's. IF YOU NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE JUST ASK.
AND FOR ALL YOU HATERS OUT THERE, LED's ARE THE BEST AND #@$% THE REST...................................H.W...................................................

:rofl:

YO DUDE CHECK OUT THE NUG CITY IN THE GROW JOURNAL SECTION. I HAVE 4, P150's. AND BEEN USEING THEM FOR OVER A YEAR WITH NO PROB'S.
PLATINUM LED's ARE ONE OF THE BEST LED's. BUT I HOPE YOU HAVE DEEP POCKETS. I ALSO HAVE 2 PLATINUM P4's. IF YOU NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE JUST ASK.
AND FOR ALL YOU HATERS OUT THERE, LED's ARE THE BEST AND #@$% THE REST...................................H.W...................................................
Dood! You don't have to yell. Now my ears are ringing lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Here Nug City is a T5 grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72792

Now that was funny. I like Leds,,just never grew with them. By the way you are a poet and didnt know it. Lol
By the way,,those sticks were some killer dank.

Now that was funny. I like Leds,,just never grew with them. By the way you are a poet and didnt know it. Lol
By the way,,those sticks were some killer dank.

No I didn't know it. thanks.
And I believe you about the sticks being killa.
I've been reading this site for a couple years now, and I know who's real.
Take care man......................h.w......................................................

So true, Aluminum-- ours require minimum nutes under LEDs, although it took us some trial & error to figure this out. Not tons of info out there on LEDS or aeroponic grows, so it's quite an experiment!

So true, Aluminum-- ours require minimum nutes under LEDs, although it took us some trial & error to figure this out. Not tons of info out there on LEDS or aeroponic grows, so it's quite an experiment!

DirtyDiana, Hi, I'm kinda new here. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few things. I take it (FROM THIS POST ) that you are growing with AERO? I'm just starting to build a little two site HPS unit to experiment with. Man I didn't think it would cost this much. But I went all out what the heck.
Anyway I was wondering if and what you use yo protect your roots from rot. And also ( IF YOU DON'T MIND ) how you keep your root zone & res. at the correct temps. Oh, and what nute's you maybe using.
How long have you been growing with AERO ?
Is it really as fast as they say ?
And how is the yield & high ?
I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND THANKS.....SEE YA......H.W..............

So THIS is why my throat is sore, I 'm using waaay too much nutes?
My last batch from RDWC was horrible, I thought my rinsing was too little, too late. Do I need nutes at all?
I'm ebb and flow under LEDs, I see this post, have read that LEDs feed the plant, I'm following the nute label but I'm tempted to just try water for awhile and watch the plants.
What am I watching for? droop?

Going from h.p.s. to l.e.d. has to be difficult. I love how heavily I can feed with h.i.d. lights. L.E.C.s can really produce some quality cannabis. They also don't cost nearly as much as a quality l.e.d. and generate less heat than a h.p.s. I run 87 x 630w L.E.C.s and have been impressed with results.

I too have heard awesome things about LEC's Isn't that what the big boys and girls are using in commercial? Is that what NCH uses? I think so.

I too have heard awesome things about LEC's Isn't that what the big boys and girls are using in commercial? Is that what NCH uses? I think so.
Some of the big boys here in Colorado are. Most use the Gavitas, I'm pretty sure that's what NCH is using. I'm in a borderline desert environment, so we chose the L.E.C.s to offset heat. We have cactus and sand everywhere out here lol.

HerbWatcher !-- D.D. and I are still learning !-- I built our system !-- What we use is 35 gallon storage boxes with a checkerboard yellow top !-- I used a 2" doorknob drill and drilled holes for 2" baskets and foam collars !--- Caulked the lid with silicone to prevent leaking !-- We use a 396 gph filtered pump which I glue to a ceramic tile to stablize it !-- I use a square figure 8 pvc spray manifold that goes on top the pump !-- I put a micro sprayer about every 3 inches !-- The box and pump system cost me about $50 to make !-- There are 35 squares on top the box like it was already laid out for U !-- We have about 8 of these with interchangeable parts !-- We run about 12 gallons of nute solution in each !-- Running the pumps 15 minutes on 15 off the water stays in the mid so 70's ---We also run a bubbler in each box !-- Not so much to aerate the nutes solution but for air exchange in the box !-- We use Batonacare nutes --They recommend 10 mils per gallon --We use 3 mils !--- Interested in seeing or building one let me know I know the measurements by heart !-- Just posted some pics at the Old Farts Club today if U want to see what we do !

We use one Mars 300 Reflector Series per box !-- With both Veg and bloom switches both " On "--turning off half your light makes no sense to me !-- Anyway 2 boxes equal roughly 1 square meter/yard !

Hello Everyone
I actually looked hard at LEC lights..but the cost is not there yet, as the footprint of the light is very small. I know some cats that use them as supplemental, but not exclusive.
I personally use dual ended bulbs, specifically Gavita brand using the Gavita bulb (made by Phillips).
I am actually putting together plans for a large commercial grow and will be using nothing but Gavita Dual ended fixtures, as they just cannot be beat in either cost, footprint,quantity and quality produced. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the grow room! haha.

Keef, take a look at Current Culture. They are a company that makes awesome DWC systems.

Thanks NCH !-- I watch what U guys do !-- Little restricted for now but I'll have a little warehouse of my own!-- I am not stuck in any grow method !-- One day they change the law and here I am in a brand new market !--- I get my trick pony and lock up a niche market !--- I can't buy one like Lemon Trees-- but I got time to rustle something up ! --People around here don't even know there is more than one kind of weed !-- They think weed comes in bricks !--- No idea how it can be used as medicine !--- They gonna need me !---Double ended Gravatis ? ---My time will come !

What NCH didn't mention, you need 15' ceilings and a couple of 5 ton a/c to keep them running cool.

Morning Umbra !--I'm flexible !-- If that is what it takes-- then that's what it takes ! -- For now I learn to read the plant ! --If there is a mistake to be made --I want to make it and learn to fix it !--

Folks I work ancillary to the outdoor lighting industry so I know a trick some of yall might be able to use to get LED's for a bit less expensive than the norm. Talk to an electrical distributor in December and see if they have some 'area' LED lights that they are overstocked on or are replacing with a new or upgraded line. You may be able to shave off about 25% to 75%

I've attached pics of mine. Specs are

Watt - 150
Lumens Output - 14000
Work Voltage - 100 -277VAC
Equivalent to HPS - 400 @

This is known as a 6500 as I recall. Full spectrum. Runs cool. Temps in my closet run between 75 and 80.

My only concern is I may be blasting my seedlings with too much light. I've read that you can never have too much light but I'm a bit dubious. I'll take any advice on this subject I can get.

I got this one off of a supplier as a 'sample' that I took to a potential customer who is doing a retrofit on a parking lot ('area' light). I think retail is around $400 but, as I said above, as fast as LED's are evolving it shouldn't be hard to find something similar for less.

View attachment IMG_4905.JPG

View attachment IMG_4904.JPG

I grow with Bml , fluence ,lumigrow, illumitex and in coco. Advanced is garbage.. Bridgelux and epistar led are not all that great
If the company is not running an osram, Cree or led made in house like illumitex f3 surexi then they are not worth the money. Spec king seems like good company I'm ordering their mother keeper it's on sale for 199.00.

Latest posts

Back