Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Thors Hammer 67 days by St. Nick
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Beginners Growing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
franco3420
Half assed gardener

franco3420
Question Amber Trichomes

I'm on my second crop for the year. I'm growing "Chem dawg". If you go by the flowering time suggested by the seed co. they say 8-10weeks. I googled the same question and got several different flowering times but one said 3 months. I'm in day 85 of the plants and only see traces of amber trichomes. Should I keep letting them age until I see more ambers or should I cut the plant down at 90 days. It seems like a pretty long time for flowering.
franco3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

What percentage of amber do you see? You should be ready for harvest,,,but the Triches will never lie. If you have alot of cloudy triches with some amber i would take them down,,,but to each his own.
You just dont want alot of clear triches,,,you want cloudy going to amber throughout.
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
WoodHippy

WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy

Where did you harvest it last time. Did it do what want. Did you think it could be better. But what Hopper said is a Good Rule to go by the First time.
WoodHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #4
Hushpuppy
Dr MadBud

Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy

Also something to remember is if you had any kind of issues with the plants during flower, that can affect how, when, and if it finishes correctly. Issues during flower cause the plant to pause its flowering function, and this can delay a harvest for 1 to several weeks. Also make sure you are looking at the trichomes under full spectrum light like sunlight. I have been fooled by the grow light spectrum before.
Don't fear the Drift TGC#2112

Blueberry punch
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=57271
Stealth cabinet grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...389#post745389

Pup's new stealth closet
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=70037
Hushpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:20 PM   #5
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushpuppy View Post
Also something to remember is if you had any kind of issues with the plants during flower, that can affect how, when, and if it finishes correctly. Issues during flower cause the plant to pause its flowering function, and this can delay a harvest for 1 to several weeks. Also make sure you are looking at the trichomes under full spectrum light like sunlight. I have been fooled by the grow light spectrum before.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #6
WeedHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodHippy View Post
Where did you harvest it last time. Did it do what want. Did you think it could be better. But what Hopper said is a Good Rule to go by the First time.
And
Old 08-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
franco3420
Half assed gardener

franco3420

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedHopper View Post
What percentage of amber do you see? You should be ready for harvest,,,but the Triches will never lie. If you have alot of cloudy triches with some amber i would take them down,,,but to each his own.
You just dont want alot of clear triches,,,you want cloudy going to amber throughout.
Thanks for the input. I may wait another 5 days.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
franco3420
Half assed gardener

franco3420

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodHippy View Post
Thank you for your input.