Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to some it represents a time when a large portion of the population stood up to tyranny and unjust rule. Removing statues of heros that served their people during that portion of our history does nothing to change what happened. Those statues do not represent slavery, they represent heros of the time. Who are we to re-assign meaning to them and them remove them because of the meaning we assign to them?

It's not U Hippy it is how others see that flag !-- My people fought on both sides of that war !-- Hell we was here for the revolutionary war !-- My family fought in every war the US has been in since the beginning and we were there at The Battle of San Jacinto when Texas won independence !-- What flag should I fly as my heritage ?

The one with rainbow colors and a little scooter. :rofl:

And to some it represents a time when a large portion of the population stood up to tyranny and unjust rule. Removing statues of heros that served their people during that portion of our history does nothing to change what happened. Those statues do not represent slavery, they represent heros of the time. Who are we to re-assign meaning to them and them remove them because of the meaning we assign to them?
That would be the Snowflakes. :rofl:
They have to remove anything they dont agree with,,then go home to Mommy and eat chocolate.

Is slavery the only injustice that happened during the civil war? That is a very close minded view

Careful St nick,,you are gonna cause a melt down. Anybody for chocolate. :smoke1:

Hopper U so funny !-- My father is a hard core southern sheet wearing Republican! -- They have a house up on the Trinity River !-- After my brother died I had to go up to help clean out his fish camp next door !-- I notice Mom had decorated thier place up nice !-- They were flying several flags on the porch !-- The American Flag -- The Texas Flag -- The Battle Flag of The Republic -- Down on the end was the Rainbow Flag !-- U couldn't beat me and make me tell them about that flag !--Momma said she got it because it was pretty! -- Let'm fly it --was what I thought !-- Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside !

I'm really high & thought this was funny. Hate hate! Love all you guys no matter who you voted for. And, BTW, Keef can't watch TV all day unless he knows Spanish cause that's about all he can pick up without cable. I just wanna get high by the beach.......

View attachment FB_IMG_1490140543990.jpg

Nick Thank You, I have been Pissed over this. I had a Planned Melt Down on the history of the flag everyone hates. Decided this was better. Which flag is this?

View attachment stars.bars.gif

I just get so torqued up when people start blaming the civil war on slavery. Just goes to show the way our school system has twisted the facts to suit the political climate of the times. These young whipper snappers today only know what is in the textbooks taught in schools today, they don't bother to go into depth research and find out the details. They listen to the news, left wing college professors, the loud minority and all of the sudden, history is warped, twisted and corrupted. The civil war wasn't about slavery although slavery was a very visible issue that was also involved in the battle.

Yep,,,thats me. Love to see ppl turn red and get pissed over stupid ****. Especially this year. Never seen so many whinning *** grown ups in my life. I know,, it aint about Democrat or Republican,,,,BULL,,:rofl:

And Hippy, I believe that was the 1776 flag designed by Betsy Ross

I got a fair handle on history and seems I remember the southern states left the union because the Union wanted to end slavery -- I do get high and confused easy !-- Pretty sure the main issue in the civil war was slavery !
Oh Mane ya'll missed it the President just gave a very informative press conference! --

Plus U don't need to be showing off your signature hat !-- Ever body will know who U are !

thing that amazes me is that in every previous election, after a few months, it was back to business as usual. I got to be honest, if the democrats had ran Bernie, or just about any other candidate, i really don't believe Donald would have won. He's an ***. But, they insisted on running that woman and as a result every redneck in the country came out against them. Now they need to chill and prove they really want the country to move forwards. Not all the little minorities, the whole country. Next election maybe they will pick someone who is actually liked by the country and shares their views. Otherwise the country is going to suffer and their views,hopes and dreams will suffer right along with. You can't save the minorities while the rest of the country flounders, it just won't fly with the majority

If we gonna keep discussin like this I gotta git me another bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back