Browning Leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I flushed one more time today. I was pretty surprised at how dry they were after only 2 days of not watering. The fan on the pots really dries them out fast. I took the fan off today.

I went out and bought a pump, some hose and a handful of stones and I aerated the water first. I wasn't sure how long to aerate the water. I did it for a few hours, at least. I noticed the pH reading of the water was quite a bit lower after the aerating process.

The good news is that all the runoff measured over pH 6.0 so I am on the way. I also clipped off some of the badly damaged leaves. Not sure if that was right or not.

I think they will recover but every setback like this affects quality and yield, both (IME). I like a low stress garden. LOL

Week 4. The buds are just starting to frost up nicely.

View attachment ck4weeks-1.jpg

View attachment ckbud-1.jpg

Yeah a ffew hours off aeration is ffine. Its enough to get the water oxygenated so that the roots better handle being soaked heavy. You should be able to go back to feeding on the next watering. They look like they are doing well. I wouldn't have removed the leaves unless they were more than 50% damaged but that is a personal judgment call that every grower has to make because its hard to judge some things by pics. Given the amount of foliage that you still have, it probably will not make any difference.

Your quality most likely will not be affected enough to tell to tell any difference, but the yield may suffer some. However, given that they are still only about mid way through flower, they might do just ffine.

This just keeps getting worse. About 50% of my top fan leaves are now yellow. They show signs of mag deficiency (yellow leaves with dark green veins) but I'm quite sure it's from lock out, not lack of food.

I flushed again yesterday and the runoff is still about 6.0 or under. With a 6.7 water going in, that means my soil pH is probably about 5.3. Not good.

Only about 3 or 4 weeks left until harvest.

Not sure what else I can do at this point. I'll keep flushing every few days. I have a fan on the pots to dry them quickly so I can run as much water as is possible through them.

Never had these problems with my Sativa. She ate MG like it was an endless bag of Frito's and grew and grew and grew. These Hybrids are definitely a different game.

Thanks again for all the help. I'll keep you updated.

I would say don't flush anymore. as much as you have done should be enough to get them cleaned out. I think you need to get some dolomite lime and put in the soil to help bring it back up. I would say about 2Tbsp of powdered lime to each container and see if you can mix it into the soil then water it in with the next feed/water. Go ahead and give them the calmag as well so that they will have a boost of it. pH the solution to 6.7 before adding to plants. Hopefully, you will see some turn around on them, at least enough to last them a couple more weeks ffor them to ripen up.

My pots are only 3 quart pots. Still think 2 Tbsp is OK?

I only used lime once. It was decades ago but it burned the crap out of my plants and killed them all. Have not touched it since. LOL

I think the pH is good. I will check the runoff next water but I think I over-nuted them.

The mothers ate like pigs. So, I followed the same pattern here not considering that the mothers were in 7 gallon pots and these are in 3 quart pots.

I don't think it's a deficiency simply because of the feeding schedule. They get a full dose of FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. Plus, every other water, I use a bloom booster. Right now it is Open Sesame. Plus, they get a double dose of Cal-Mag every watering.

The soil is 1/2 Fox Farms Happy Frog and half sand/perlite/vermiculite.

These 3 quart pots are killing me. I should have transplanted them into the 2 gallon pots I usually use. I took one out and root growth was not overwhelming so I left them in the smaller pots. Mistake.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and just waiting. They won't need watered for a few more days so I'll use plain water for the next couple waterings and see how it goes.

Thanks
Had this problem when i ran critical kush...i had to flush and get my ph on track twice during flowering. Those necrotic spots are from too much calcium. If you are not using r.o. water then you definitely dont need a double dose of calmag. You have way too much calcium in the system...its a trace element and should only be supplemented as needed.

Latest posts

Back