Seed germination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mactight

MOUNTIAN DEW
Reaction score
I know that people will say you should read some threads before i post this,BUT i know how to germinate,but am having trouble trying to germinate some seeds i bought from the Doctor.I germinate useing a dome system with a wet paper towel inside, a drop or two of hydrogen proxide and place all that wrapped up in a towel sitting on a heatting pad thats set at 80.I check it every 12 hours not only looking for a tap root but to make sure theres water in there,but using the dome system i never have a problem with the paper towel drying up.I ahve tryed to germinate a total for 10 seeds and not a thing.Any suggestions?

I usually let my seeds soak in water for 24 hrs before I use the paper towel method in a tupperware container. Sounds like your method should work. How long have they been germ for?

I forgot to mention that i also place the seeds into the frig for about 24 hrs before i germinate.But these seeds have been germinating for almost a MONTH:cry:

For a month :eek: !! Sorry man you are SOL. Get some more seeds going :cool:

I just pop mine into a jiffy pellet and a couple of days later they're up.

Longest i had to wait for seeds was a week ... you definitley need to start new seeds :)

Yeah, i just wet a paper towel nice and wet, then i put it in a relatively airtight container aka gatorade bottle (with a nice wide neck), or a ziplock bag or two. Make sure to also put more water into the container before sealing it. Then just let it sit somewhere dark and preferably warm for a couple days. I just started the whole growing process, but this seems to work pretty well for me..let me know what you think

When i germinate i take 2 paper towels and place them on top of each other. I place the 2 paper towels on a plate and spread water over it to make it damp. Dont have it soaking wet have it damp and a little wet. Take your seeds and put them on the paper towels. Than take 2 more paper towels put them over the plate and also spread water over those. Again they need to be damp and a little wet but there should be no water buildup or flooding. Than get a bag from a grocery store and place the plate inside of it. Dont tie the top just tuck it under itself and put it in a dark cabinet somewhere and check it every day. Ive been using this method and usually get results within a few days to a week. ;) If its been a month and your suckers arent coming out. 1: your doing something wrong. 2: Seeds are bad.
Hope this helps!!:D

Just Put It In A Cup Of Water And In You Cable Box If You Dont Have Cable Put On A/c Adapter Or A Comp Modem :) And Leav It After 5 Days Change Water In My Case Usualy Takes 1.5 Day

by the way it sounds, soil germination is best for you. no offense, just trying to help out. germinate them in Organic soil with SuperThrive watering mixture. Have yourself a spray bottle and spray them every six hours or water them 2tsp every 14hours. Hydro-Germination like every one else is doing is just to save time. Obivously you are very patient when waiting for one whole month on germinating seeds. 5 days wont hurt, will it?

soil,water,seed. Tada!!

lowryder 054.jpg

Latest posts

Back