Plants Yellowing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bio Grow that they sell here is 8-2-6--which is a much better N-P-K ratio for cannabis: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SWWZ22/ref=asc_df_B004SWWZ223315158?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-1148-86-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B004SWWZ22[/ame].

I think the lack of green is a lack of N.

That is WAY too hot

You said that 98 was too hot so I got it down to 90.

Now you're saying that THAT is way too hot?

The Bio Grow that they sell here is 8-2-6--which is a much better N-P-K ratio for cannabis: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SWWZ22...e=df0&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B004SWWZ22.

I think the lack of green is a lack of N.

This is the one I bought. I'm not sure why there are two..
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/BioBizz-BBG1L-1-Liter-Bio-Grow-Organic/dp/B005PX47FG/ref=pd_sbs_lg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DJ42TB0PXXTEAYKTTVD[/ame]

So, what should I get instead?

You can usually get away with the temps getting into the low 80s, but anything above that is going to cause problems. Tell us exactly how your ventilation is set up and maybe we can make suggestions to help cool things down. If you are running A/C, you should be able to get temps lower.

90ºF is way too hot!

You need to get your temps in check (72ºF - 76ºF , 22ºC - 25ºF)

That's impossible in the summer. I could run the AC 24/7 and it wouldn't get to 25C max.

you could try Fish-Mix for a N boost

Are you serious?!

Bio-Bizz recommends taking out Bio-Grow for the GROW phase?

These people are idiots. They should call Fish-Mix Bio-Grow or else they're bound to mislead thousands of growers like myself.

You see, this is why I need new nutrients. I just can't trust BioBizz anymore.

You can usually get away with the temps getting into the low 80s, but anything above that is going to cause problems. Tell us exactly how your ventilation is set up and maybe we can make suggestions to help cool things down. If you are running A/C, you should be able to get temps lower.

I managed to get temps down to 29C but they won't go any lower than that.

Also, this is at the TOP of the plant, right under the lights. I seriously doubt most growers measure their temps that high.

UPDATE:

After going back to using GHE Flora (at twice the recommended dosage) my plants have gone back to a healthy shade of green.

I would like to thank everyone here who helped me discern that it was malnutrition that caused the yellowing and lack of growth.

And as a warning to all growers out there - NEVER use Bio-Grow by itself.

My indoor temps fluctuate between 18-24C here, we have outdoor temps of over 37C.

If you don't control temps and airflow, you'll be fighting a loosing battle. Heat stress & fluffy buds will be in your future....and possibly hermies.

That's impossible in the summer. I could run the AC 24/7 and it wouldn't get to 25C max.

Are you serious?!

Bio-Bizz recommends taking out Bio-Grow for the GROW phase?

These people are idiots. They should call Fish-Mix Bio-Grow or else they're bound to mislead thousands of growers like myself.

You see, this is why I need new nutrients. I just can't trust BioBizz anymore.

I managed to get temps down to 29C but they won't go any lower than that.

Also, this is at the TOP of the plant, right under the lights. I seriously doubt most growers measure their temps that high.
you do not place the thermometer under direct light, just like you do not put it under direct sunlight as it will give inaccurate reading

My indoor temps fluctuate between 18-24C here, we have outdoor temps of over 37C.

If you don't control temps and airflow, you'll be fighting a loosing battle. Heat stress & fluffy buds will be in your future....and possibly hermies.

You must have a really powerful AC, then.

Mine is 1600 watts and it could never reach 18C with two lights, let alone three.

Problem is, more powerful AC = more suspicious.

you do not place the thermometer under direct light, just like you do not put it under direct sunlight as it will give inaccurate reading

Then where should I place it? The whole room is under light.

Also, wouldn't the light factor into the heat making it MORE accurate?

Then where should I place it? The whole room is under light.

Also, wouldn't the light factor into the heat making it MORE accurate?

you should place it on the side of your grow space just above the top cola where the light doesn't strike it directly. in greenhouses we place them in the shaded areas. the light factor does not make it accurate because of heat buildup due to constant bombardment by direct light waves, for example, if you stay in the sun on a cold day, you would feel warmer although it is very cold

you should place it on the side of your grow space just above the top cola where the light doesn't strike it directly. in greenhouses we place them in the shaded areas. the light factor does not make it accurate because of heat buildup due to constant bombardment by direct light waves, for example, if you stay in the sun on a cold day, you would feel warmer although it is very cold

Right, but aren't the plants getting the same heat buildup since they're under the light?

If you measure it under the plant, you'll never know how much heat the plant is getting.

the plant naturally deals with the heat buildup. when they say plants thrive at temps of 22C they actually mean 22C in the shade and not in the sun. weather forecasts and all temp recordings are taken this way

I take my infrared thermometer and aim it at the top of the bud right under the light, that is the measurement I use, then adjust height of light, ventilation etc. to get to the temp I want.

24c is what I shoot for, 28c is as high as I will go. That is just me though.

in direct light it will not give an accurate reading. the closer you get to the light the higher the heat exponentially, so really, no one can answer to your last question, 28 is just that, 28

The plants can take the "radiant" heat that comes from the light if the "ambient" temperature is low enough so that when the fan that you have on the plants blows across them, it cools them to the level of the ambient temperature.

The "ambient" means the temperature of the air itself. "Radiant" heat is the energy that is held within the photons of light coming from a light source. When those photons strike a surface or pass through a resistance, they will release some of their energy as heat. The plants have a unique ability to absorb some of that energy so that it doesn't release as heat. That ability is photosynthesis. However, some of the energy from the photons isn't able to be absorbed so it does get transformed into heat. Some of that heat radiates back into the air and some stays within the leaves. The plant responds to the buildup off heat the same way we do, by sweating. Its not called sweating in plants, it is called transpiration, but it still a release of water which carries away some of the heat from within the plant.

If there is a good enough breeze blowing across the plant, both the re-radiated heat and the transpiration will be carried away on the breeze. However, if the ambient temperature of the space gets too high, the plants struggle to release that inner heat and will begin to shut down certain functions.

Now when you measure the temperature of a space, you are measuring the ambient temperature (or the level of heat energy that is in the air) This is done through direct contact of the heat energy in the air with the temp measuring device). But if your thermometer is in direct light, it is getting the contact energy from the air AND it is getting radiant energy from the photons of light that is hitting it and releasing the energy within those photons as heat. At this point you art not accurately measuring the "ambient" temperature, which is what we use to determine the level of functionality for the plants.

I hope all this makes sense for you. :)

Latest posts

Back