Potting soil Vs. Garden soil... what's the diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
Grabbed some soil tonight for my indoor (potted) grow and got it home before I noticed it says "not for use in containers"... The stuff is labeled as "garden soil", what is the difference in composition of "garden soil" and "potting soil"? Should I scrap the "garden soil" I got and get some potting soil?

it might not be properly sanitized for indoor usage or something. im not entirely sure - i'd transplant soon if it said that on the bag.

Ok, done a little studying up and thought I would post what I've learned for future searches.

Garden soil tends to have more dirt/clay type material in it than potting soil. Potting soil will compact less, hold a little less water (but still an optimal amount for our babies), and it will hold more air.

Garden soil grows are do-able, but potting soil is just the better choice for a healthy plant and potting soil makes it easier on the little guys to prosper.

Hope this clears it up for anyone else wondering the same thing I was.

i think potting soil has zero nuts as well, just what the guy at my nursery told me...

i needed no nute soil for my nute lock transplants...

Latest posts

Back