Finally growing again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
Hello MP, glad to be posting a grow journal again. I'm growing in a 4x4 Apollo tent, 4 plants under a 4 bulb T5 in veg for another week. Flowering will be under a 600w HPS lamp in a Mercury 6 aircooled reflector. I am trying my hands at a closed system. I understand tents leak but giving it a go anyway. I have a 5k btu window a/c unit cooling the tent. I removed the condenser and shoved it into the tent, a fan will blow the cold air around. I didn't want to cut a hole in my tent so I used the provided zipper lol. I have the air conditioner set with an external thermostat by Titan during the day 78 degrees during the night 68. CO2 is provided buy 20 lb CO2 bottle. My flow gauge is set at .5 cubic feet per hour. This is sent to a timer it stays on her for 15 minutes and then shuts off. By my calculation I'm going for 1500 parts per million. I have two strains growing Nurse Larry and two unknown clones from a friend.
34a310aada6f1d40a5efac8ced78144e.jpg
2e32d4dd2eb62ac1c22ad0187d97e822.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm going to flower these in 5 gallon smart pots, all organic soil from a local nursery. I still amend that soil with the following. Azomit, alfalfa meal, bone and blood meal, bat guano and earthworm castings. I let that cook with a sprinkle of oatmeal on top for a month. Kinda my ghetto supersoil. Once I have a good fungi Web I mix it in. I also like to take used coffee grounds and eggshells pulverize them let it mold and turn green. That is very good fungi. I planted transplant with all of that and super soil at the bottom for a boost.

its good to see your back were you belong looking forward to seeing more

Thanks Sin! I have tried small cabinet grows in the past. Always had temp issues. I never wanted to use air conditioning, but I had too this time around lol. Best idea I have done, coupled with the Titan day and night thermostat it's awesome.

Pretty cool killertea. Sounds like you have found a good organic food. Enjoy and green mojo for the grow.

Thanks Sin! I have tried small cabinet grows in the past. Always had temp issues. I never wanted to use air conditioning, but I had too this time around lol. Best idea I have done, coupled with the Titan day and night thermostat it's awesome.

yea I know right. heat has been a pain in my butt. but what I have learned about growing in a tent is. if you keep the room your tent is in around 60-70 the inside air of the tent should not be far from outside the tent. so in all try putting your tent in the cold room of the house if you start to have heat problems. plus you could learn toward a more sativa type plant they love high temps.

Thanks Rose, glad to see you here. Yeah Sin that's a smart idea for sure, glad to say Im already doing just that. My house is always around 70 deg in the back. I knew the tent should go there. Summer is almost over I hope, Temps will be better soon.

yea I know right. heat has been a pain in my butt. but what I have learned about growing in a tent is. if you keep the room your tent is in around 60-70 the inside air of the tent should not be far from outside the tent. so in all try putting your tent in the cold room of the house if you start to have heat problems. plus you could learn toward a more sativa type plant they love high temps.
New DIY CO2 timer with photo sensor. I needed something better for my CO2 system. I wanted it off at night to keep waste in check. I wanted it analog for random power outages. 15min on every 2 hours is fine, and 15min on is enough for my 4x4x6.5 tent to fill it up to 1500ppm.
74641e9f267c12ea00ec0bf77413a83c.jpg

My T5 got taken out and the HPS is on now. It's set to 400w on the ballast for 2 weeks. Then I will lay down the Scrog screen and turn up the ballast to 600w. I'm going to transplant my 2 surviving plants into 5 gallon smart pots. I will be turning on the CO2 as well to increase ppm to 1200-1500 ppm. Wish me luck.
a3cc45a2cd1889fadea66e0b623716ea.jpg
0a35b54f569cfecc4b57082a112adb42.jpg

Thanks THG! Good to see your still here growing. I'm so busy with life, work and family I don't get to visit the site often. Nice to have your experience present. I think I will grow some Satori next. I remember your Satori journal and bought seeds. Cheers!

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted. I work 40 plus hours a week and I go to school. So my grow started out with 4 plants, now only 2 are left. I had one never grow and the other a male. So I have 2 unknown strains, both from some unknown dispensary. I have made upgrades to the grow tent. A recap on the tent, it's a 4 x 4 x 64 from Apollo. I vegg'ed under a 4 bulb T5, then a 600w ballast dimmed to 400w for a wk then 600w then on. I had a complete closed system in operation then on. There was never any exhaust or intake. Temp controlled with air conditioning, CO2 and humidity controlled via Sentinel GPS CHHC 4i. I live in a very hot area and when I started this I struggled to keep temps down. It was 85° at times so I decided to upgrade to a 900w LED. Now my temps are 75° day and 65° nights. Here are some pics.

New pictures. The multi colored lady looks sick but keeps on truckin away. I learned a lot trying to grow in a closed system. Tents leak way to much, the sentinel controller helps with that though. My next grow will be better. Not sure how much time I have left on these two plants. I don't know what strain I have, I will monitor the trichomes and harvest when ready.

View attachment 20171107_062717.jpg

View attachment 20171107_062705.jpg

Nice looking buds:aok:

Frosty in there. Very nice.

Latest posts

Back