Dr.Autoflowers Auto Grow Guide and Question Center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Autoflower

Auto Flower Lover
Reaction score
Wut up guys. Ive been thinking about starting this thread for some time and thought todays the day. Ill do a lil summery. In this thread ill be going over important things that have impacts on your auto flower plants health and size and yeild. also it will be a place for ppl to ask questions or for advice since i just dont have the time to go through everyones grows. feel free to post pics up and i will help to the best of my abillity.

First thing i want to talk about is how important your medium and bucket size. these are 2 factors that play a huge roll in the size of your autos. Your root mass is very important becuz the bigger your roots the bigger they get and yeild.ive grown in 2,3 and 4 gallon pots and see big size inceases every extra gallon. So if you can try to use the bigest/tallest pots you can.
The soil you use is very important as well. The best soil mix for autos ive evr seen was found by 215medicenman which is a mix of Sunshine 404 mixed with Fox Farm Ocean Forest.But if your like me and cant get that fancy stuff where your located just mix up your own batch of some nice rich soil with perlite and a lil dolimite lime. you want it airy but not too airy or you get drying out problems.

Pot height is the 2nd thing i want to talk about many ppl have notice autos really like tall pots becuz of there crazy fast tap root,the taller the pot the better when it comes to autos. autos can grow pretty massive in 5 gallon buckets. ive always wondered how big they could get if 10 gallons were used...

So ive gotten many questions over the last while about how much to be water and if they are watering enuff. so i wanted to do a lil write up on the subject of the Importance of Total Saturation when water your grow medium.

My take is very simple on this. If you are watering only little amounts every day and are only getting the top parts of your grow mediums wet then your roots cant grow down, which stunts your auto plants. its like one big dry pocket. To get proper growth you must full saturate your whole bucket, you dont have to have it so wet that there is run off but you want to get saturated and you can test by sticking your finger in one of the bottom holes and judge if it dry still or a moisture meter i u have 1. But the best way to know your limit is when they are dry and need to be waterd just measure out how much it takes to fully saturate so you dont have to guess how much each time you water.

You roots are very importants when it comes to autos and they need to be able to grow through out the entier pot. you need to make sure you are watering the whole pot evenly. and not just in 1 spot, that could make dry pockets.

When i first fill my buckets up, i fully water them till fully saturated and plant a couple days later. They stay wet for about 2 weeks then they get another full plain waterin and they start using more water. at 3 weeks they get there first feeding. Later on they can go there a fully watering in a couple of days

make sure your soils is airy or it could hold moisture too long

What you use for lights is just as important as the root mass health and size when it comes to autos.Your lighting can determine what you can expect to harvest. So if your using a few 26w CFL's or a cheapo LED dont expect much. IMO CFL's, LED,s and Flourecents just cant do what HPS lights can do. IMO HPS is the only way to go when growing autoflowers. sure ive seen some nice CFL grows but they usally have like 300 to 600 watts of them goin to get anything good which seems pointless because HPS just puts out way more LUMENS per watt and has Way better light penitration then all others. I wouldnt waste any money on LED until they can finally produce like HID lights, which will probley take a few more years.

But if you need lights for small set up there are 75w, 150w and 250w HPS light systems that dont produce that much heat.

1 mistake ive seen happen many times and usally hear about it when it to late. is when new growers use Miricle Grow pre-fertilized soil. This is a huge no-no. This is very bad for your cannabis plants because it is slow release nutes and the more you water the more they release. The main problem is that you cant give them the proper nutrients at the proper time in there lives. Make sure the soil you get doesnt have fert all ready in it

IMO the best and easyest nutes fore some one new to growing is the Fox Farm 3 pack combo. I live in a place where there is no hydro store and befor i had to use nutes that wernt intend more cannabis and gave me lots of troubles, then i got so cheapo cannabis nutes but they burnt my plants to. I finnally ordered the 3 pack combo of Fox Farm nutes and never been happier.

Fox Farms very easy to use and gentle on your plants. everyone seems to get alot less nute burns with them.which means less stunting and bigger autos plants

also if you want to get some extras heres some to get Bud Candy, Super Thrive (for micro-nutreints), Cal Mag, Liquid CarboLoad and Final Phase(a flushing agent). But if you only want to spend 50-60$ the fox farm trio pack will do you fine

Ive never grown auto's but this seems like good info for all soil grows.
Is there any difference?

Dr.Autoflower said:
I guess theres 2 now:rolleyes:

The more the merrier. So I was initially going to grow my autos in a aero setup but I have t really seen any GJ about it in any forum. I was wonderingif you had any knowledge of whether this is a bcad way to go with autos. And should I just use my hps lights the whole duration of there lives. What light cycle us best?

nice post Dr. i never messed with autos until i started getting them for free with orders, now i run a few every crop just for fun. they are fun to watch and are a nice solution for 1st time newbies.

one thing you left out was when do you switch nutes from GB to BB?

DCkush said:
The more the merrier. So I was initially going to grow my autos in a aero setup but I have t really seen any GJ about it in any forum. I was wonderingif you had any knowledge of whether this is a bcad way to go with autos. And should I just use my hps lights the whole duration of there lives. What light cycle us best?

just put them under your hps and plants them in 3 gal pots. Aero gardens just dont seem like a good way to grow weed to me

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
nice post Dr. i never messed with autos until i started getting them for free with orders, now i run a few every crop just for fun. they are fun to watch and are a nice solution for 1st time newbies.

one thing you left out was when do you switch nutes from GB to BB?

i only give 1 or 2 veg feedings after 2.5 to 3 weeks old then switch to flower nutes for the rest

hey doc you eny idea to the fastest flowerig auto out ther?,,,and have you ever herd of an auto called pink bud? and wher dose it?
peace...[j];)

Pink bud is a strain in the making if ive heard correctly, not sure about info on it Fast Bud is susposed to be the fastest but im not sure on its potency. Id stick to a indica dominate auto like RRF or HBD.

Sorry for the wait

Latest posts

Back