Organic Teas! Whats your brew?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying out a new tea recipe.

Additives per 1 gallon of pure water.

1 tablespoon Kelp Meal
1 tablespoon 5-5-5 dry organic fertilizer
1 tablespoon black-strap molasses
1 teaspoon of high N bat guano

Bubble for 24 hours

Then add:

1/4 cup Big Bloom
1/2 cup worm castings or compost
1 teaspoon liquid fish fertilizer
10 drops CAMg+ by GO

Bubble for another 24 hours.

Strain and dilute. 1 gallon of tea will make 2 gallons of feed.

This tea is a TLO tea by The Rev.
Just started using the TLO method so I will let ya know the outcome.

Awesome PC, Thanks for keeping the thread alive!

Yes sir, Orange! Im ready to hear them!

Hey Duck glad to hear your trying the "TLO" method. I just bought Rev's book and going to try his method also.

:cool:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12692

info on molasses from 3_lb...

i've used unsulphered blackstrap molasses for many years in my organic teas for the trace minerals...i also feed my compost heaps with it to speed up the proccess of breaking it down...bbp taught me how to make lacto bacillus, and i also use that in my organic grows religiously...i spray it on my compost also to speed up the break down...

HI..I just found the site... :icon_smile: I will not waste much time with specifics...I just read about the molasses..you have to use UN-sulphered molasses. Anyways..here is a vegging tea I use. I make 5 gals. at a time:
I use well water in a 5 gal bucket
2 cups EWC (store bought or home made)
1 cup Alfalfa meal
1 cup Kelp meal
1/2 cup bone meal
1/2 cup blood meal
1/2 cup puruvian seabird guano
1/2 cup to 1 cup MEXICAN bat guano ( 10-1-1 )
1 TBLS espoma Bio Tone Starter Plus
2 TBLS. Organic fish and seaweed fertilizer ( Neptunes Harvest)
1 TBLS Nitrozime marine algae extract
2-3 TBLS VermaPlex Organic Microbial Soil Inoculant (e-bay)
2-3 TBLS Unsulphered Blackstrap ( or any brand) MOLASSES
1/2 TSP. Humic Acid
1/2 Cup concentrated worm casting TEA (e-bay)
I stir all this together and use a strong pump to bubble it for 48 hrs. minimum.
I give the plants about 1-2 cupfuls (depending on sixe of plant) after watering about once every 2 weeks. :banana:
I use a similar recipie for flowering except I cut out the alfalfa, bone and blood meals, the seabird guano, the nitrozime, the fish and seaweed fertilizer, humic acid and the espoma bio tone. I substitute the MEXICAN bat guano with INDONIESIAN bat guano ( 0.5-13-0.3 ) and JAMACIAN bat guano ( 1-10-1 ) I may also add 2 TBLS of pure natural phosphous.:vap-leafy_wave:
Am I overdoing? So far the plants are doing great, very lush and thick thick stalks. :woohoo: I used this basic recipie last year and had excellant results.:clap: I appriciate this organic thread and anticipate that I will have a few questions about teas and soils if I can't find the answers after reading all the posts. THANKS!!
FG:smoke1:

Here are some good reads on Aerated Compost Tea or ACT:

Books:
Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardeners guide to the Soil Food Web

The Compost Tea Brewing Manual hxxp://lake.osu.edu/cuyahoga/topics/agriculture-and-natural-resources/cuyahoga-composts/Compost%20Tea%20Brewing%20Manual.pdf

Websites:

hxxp://www.compostjunkie.com/compost-tea-recipe.html
hxxp://www.dirtdoctor.com/compost-tea_vq152.htm
hxxp://www.gardeningwithmicrobes.com
hxxp://www.grogreenorganics.com
hxxp://www.simplici-tea.com

Hi guys this brew may well be unfamiliar to many as i only have the option of using Australian Products !

Twohighcrimes OzzyBomb Brew.

VEGE MIX Soil

1 x 25kg bag Searles 5'n'1 ( contents per bag : Blood n bone, Cow manure,sheep manure,Chicken manure,)

1 x 25kg bag Mother natures Mushroom compost.

1 x 25kg bag Richgrow Organic Premium Compost.

1 x 90 Ltr Brunnings easy wetta premuim coco coir block ( flushed 3 times with 5 TBLSP epsom salts, 50mls of eco dolimite liquid lime along with 200 mls of Powerfeed added to final flush and left to soak for 12 -18hrs)

10- 12 shovels of washed builders sand.

2 x cupful of Richgrow blood n bone
4 x cupful richgrow super phosphate .( hit with hammer to dust )

2 x handful of king island kelp meal,

3 handfuls dolimite lime pulverised

Vege mix Tea 15 ltr Bubble teas are brewed using :
15 ltrs rain water or "tap water bubbled for 24hrs to dechlorinate.

4 cups of vege bin worm castings,

3 cups compost,

Power feed @ 80mls,

Seasol seaweed liquid @ 70mls

(dusted dolimite lime @ 1 handful )

2 TBLSP kelp meal

1 handful Richgrow super phoshate (dusted)

3 TBLSP of dissolved epsom salts,

3-4 TBLSP of Beerenberg unsulphered molasses
I feed teas undiluted every 3rd watering .( water, water, Feed,)

FLOWERING SOIL MIX

I had some vege mix around 15kg left over and added it with..

1 x 25kg bag Richgrow mushroom compost

1x 25kg bag searles 5"n"1

1 x 25 kg bag Richgrow Organic Premuim compost

45 ltrs Brunnings coco coir Flushed 3 times with 5 TBLSP dissolved epsom salts 200mls seasol liquid seaweed and 100mls of powerfeed added to final flush and left to soak for 12-18hrs,

4 cups of Dolimite lime ( dusted use hammer)

3-4 handfuls King Island Kelp meal

3 handfuls richgrow sulphate of potash (dusted use hammer)

4 x cupful super phos (dusted use hammer)

15ltr Bubble teas Flowering brew consists of :
4 cups flower bin worm castings,

2 handfuls garden compost,

1x handful "dusted" dolimite lime

1 x handful Super phos (dusted),

1 x handful sulphate of potash (dusted)

1 handful king island kelp meal,

100mls seasol liquid kelp,

Powerfeed varies according to yellowing of older growth and would be strain dependant imo ! 20-50 mls .

4 Tblsp of beerenberg unsulphered molasses.

I feed every 3-4 days undiluted and Airate for 20-24hrs .

If any members could aid in Promoting this Tea and soil Mix I would be grateful.

Thankyou guys .
THC.

I be tryin some these here fancy teas yual mixin and some them almost made me puke! still pickin and flickin bat **** from me teeth! How can yual drink such swamp water?

BWD

ok rookie issues here, with all the great goodies we use & super soils. how can i keep my roots all fat & white. i seen to have some great roots & some brown smaller roots, not dead or root rotted, just not 100%. i only use mykro, when transplanting, on actual root ball. im looking for a w soluble mykro. using nouvellchefs ss mix. just trying to master issues. im reading a bunch of info & trial & error. thanks guys

Its the soil that causes poor root structure. Some of that super soil suppresses root growth and does not allow for best nutrient uptake. If you are using full on organics and a decomposing soil, you will have bugs. Its just all part of it. Adding mycrohiazze will not improve your soil. It should already be teaming with life.

Johnnylongjohns - "bugs" are not included in every organic grow. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Microbial life yes - bugs?, no.

Mycorrhiza is not only a highly recommended ingredient, it will greatly improve nutrient uptake in any medium it can establish itself in, including many mediums packed with organic matter (in many cases, even when life is already established)

Many things can cause poor root growth, including but not limited to soil structure. Adding pearlite for example, will vastly improve aeration and hence root growth. Ensuring proper levels of calcium, potassium and phosphorus are also equally important. It's about balancing the medium imo.

thanks jman that sounds more lke what ive read. but putting all these things into action is the key ,lol
ive mixed my ssoil a bit & smashed up my perlite a bit to much, ill add more p to the next transplants & see how that does. cheeers all

Ruffy said:
thanks jman that sounds more lke what ive read. but putting all these things into action is the key ,lol
ive mixed my ssoil a bit & smashed up my perlite a bit to much, ill add more p to the next transplants & see how that does. cheeers all

do you feel like your plants are under preforming? did you copy the chefs soil to the "T"? sometimes changing or leaving out something that seems insignificant can lead to a big problem.

myco fungi will always benefit your soil to an extent. since mj is a annual it likes to have more bacteria then fungi, but still loves the fungi none the less. diversity is equally as important as the size of your microbial herd. even though you want a bacterial dominated soil for mj, the fungi play a big part in soil structure. fungi create small pathways starting at the rhizosphere, then branching out into the soil. they use it to transport food/water. soil that is too compact can be detrimental to your fungi. perlite is your friend.

my current flowering AACT

1 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon blood meal
- 1 teaspoon bone meal
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap
- 1 tablespoon 5-5-5

bubble 24 hrs

- 1/4 cup big bloom
- 1/2 cup 50/50 castings/bio tone starter plus

bubble 24 hrs

strain and add 1gal water for feeding. cut in half with water again for foliar.

this is also TLO method, though a little revised, but everything meets the omri standard. the duck uses calmg+ b/c he runs RO water. my tap water has a bit of cal and mg already in it. after its been declorinated it sits at about 60ppm. i haven't gotten my hands on any liquid fish fert or guano's yet.

Latest posts

Back