super soil question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ShOrTbUs said:
feeding with tea's wont remedy this?

duck, your link keeps bringing me back to this thread

They can sometimes yes. But making the perfect tea to fix something is always a gamble. And another thing on your to do list. Who doesn't want to shorten their to do list :)

very true,

this is what i've come up with so far. i've decided to use FFOF as a base. this may change in the future, but for right now its what im going with. also i haven't seen any FFOF base super soils. so i think it would be fun to do one. i like being unique :)

my saved shopping list:

FFOF (ingredients:Composted forest humus, sphagnum peat moss, Pacific Northwest sea-going fish, crab meal, shrimp meal, earthworm castings, vermicultural compost (bedding material and livestock manure), sandy loam, perlite, fossilized bat guano, granite dust, Norwegian kelp meal and oyster shell (for pH adjustment)).

pearlite (i've read that FFOF could use a little more drainage)

green sand 0-0-3

azomite

humic acid

bio-live 5-4-2 (ingredients: fish bone meal, fish meal, k-mag, kelp meal, root zone, endo-ectomycorrihizae, humic acid, and alfalfa meal.)

bone meal 3-15-0

dolomite lime

epsom salts

molasses

do you think i need the additional humic acid, since the bio-live has it already?

i'm unsure if i need more N, and P. my thought process was that the FFOF will supply most of the nutes i need for the veg period(i dont like to veg very long). so i'm mostly just adding to the soil for the flowering phase.

Honestly. It just takes a few cycles to dial it in. So prepare yourself. Yields will drop a bit. It will be your call if the smoke is better. It will be cheaper, vastly, that is for sure from a cost per gram view.

also topping off with your super soil works as well, instead of teas, if diminished nutrients become evident. just add a couple inches to the top and water in, also I believe the wormcastings, which is a solid compost, help feed the fungus and bacteria in the soil better than anything else which is why they are used in addition to other npk amendments. This is what ive gathered from reading up on the subject!

Latest posts

Back