Which type of vape or e-cig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I would like to try using a vaporizer or e-cig to see if it's any easier on the lungs but I'm confused about which type to get. I don't care about portability that much, but I will use it for smoking pot, not liquids or oils.
What would be a good vaporizer or e-cig to get?

You will most likely have to get a real vaporizer, the e-cig one's you find combust the weed, not vaporize.

Highly recommend getting an Arizer Solo. Have used one for 2 1/2 - 3 years now. This is used at least 5, 6, to 10 or 12 times a day. Had to put a battery in it a month or two ago.

Thanks. I have been looking around and saw the Volcano and the Arizer, which is half the price. What I like about the Arizer is that you can use a tube rather than having to use a collection bag.
The consensus seems to be that the Volcano is the best, but it's quite expensive, and some reviews have said that the Arizer parts are more delicate and tend to break so you have to replace the parts and this soon becomes as expensive as the Volcano.
I've seen the Volcano in a lot of Amsterdam coffeeshops but I never actually tried to use a vape before.
How does the Arizer tube catch the smoke? It doesn't seem to fit over the glass burning bowl in the pictures of it.

Artzer is the make. Solo is the model. It`s a portable, rechargeable unit. Comes with 2 glass mouth pieces. Have only broke one in about 3 years. If you get one, DO NOT buy the wooden mouthpiece as they fall apart. Other peeps on here will vouch for it also. Later. Peace.

DaBuddha is also a whip vape. I have one and would recommend it, but is not portable.

I do not have a portable vaporizer as the good ones (ones that actually work) are quite expensive. I do own the Extreme Q, non portable, that is very good--way less than the Volcano. I really see no advantage whatsoever with the Volcano over the Extreme Q or DaBuddha.

I know that I have heard really good things about the Arizer Solo.

I got an arizer solo and I like it a lot. It's convenient and uses very little pot and you can taste the flavors at the start and the staleness as the pot gets used up. The draw is strong but tolerable, but I have one worry.
The stem is short and I am aware that there is hot air mist hitting my gums and tongue and mouth when I suck on the tube and I am concerned that it may cause problems like mouth ulcers or cancers. Is this an issue any more than a pipe or a cigarette are when smoking the traditional way?
I think that I will attach a longer aquarium tubing to the glass tip to give the gas time to cool a little.
Can you attach any sort of water filter in-line to a solo?

I would not be concerned about that Joe. Part of using a vaporizer is to make smoking and cancer and other lung problems a non-issue. What you are getting from the vaporizer is cannabis vapor, without all the nasties that combustion involves. Did you ever use a vazporizer when you were sick? Not really a whole lot different. Breathing in warm moist air is not bad for your lungs or your mouth.

Pulling the vapor through water is not going to do anything for it. If you want to do that, invest in a bong.

If you want something with a whip, I believe that you should get an Extreme Q, i.e. a vaporizer meant to be used with a whip.

I use the extreme Q it takes like 10-15 to fully heat pack it works good with the bag although I preFur the whip it is part of the solo family .

Thanks. I got a piece of aquarium tubing about 15 inches long and attached it to the solo mouthpiece and now the mist doesn't feel hot.
Another unusual thing is that there is no pot smell with the solo. With the volcano, there is a smell that is somewhat like microwaved pot, but the solo doesn't smell like anything unusual.
I'm not sure I like this.
I love the smell of smoked pot. I will need to use a pipe from time to time just for the sweet aroma.

I use my dabuddha whip vape with my bong. Nice cool vapor and can do huge hits

Ya'll got me curious, I just use a small glass pipe. Never tried "vapin" so I looked some up on the internet and I'm pretty sure I'm sold on the Pax. It seem's like if I was going to try vaping then that would be the way to go ?

I have a Pax and enjoy it.

I use the extreme Q. My dad recommended it to me. I recommended it to a couple of friends and they really love it.

I love my Pax. I needed stealth and it fits the bill perfectly. Their customer service is awesome as well.

I'd go solo. The pax has horror stories about the mouth piece / on off button sticking not working .

Solo has a new sleek model out.

I would like a Extreme Q as it is cheaper than the Volcano and much reviewed as a decent unit. I have a budget plug in vape now, it actually vapes the weed but I suspect temp settings aren't entirely accurate....cant remember the brand right now but it was like 75-80 dollars and certainly not worth even 1/2 that! I have modded it a bit by adding a bong to the set up. Instead of hitting directly off vaporizer outlet tube/ mouth piece I have the outlet tube of the vape going directly into the bong. I just hit /pull the vapor from the vaporizer with the bong, it goes through the whole bong process minus the combustion and I gotta say it hits very smooth and cool. Much smoother and cooler than with the cheapo vaporizer alone.

Do some research. LMFAO it's common for the mouth piece button to stop working causing the unit to go off on off on and never fully heat up.

You can lube it clean it do whatever you want but you will be sending it in for a new on.

Everyone's needs and wants are Diffrent so Diffrent styles for Diffrent people. Torontovape.ca has done TONS of research and reviews on these types of vapes.

I just read like 7 threads on faulty on/off buttons. They all claim to clean it regularly but still have problems.

Latest posts

Back