oil questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what i said is correct.. no!! not your fault at all rose. i think my choice of using the 220 screen was the mistake. it did not boil off like the first batch. will post lab results tonight.. what i am sure of is that u dont need to decarb to get 70% thc and .28 thca. the second batch i am still not positive on..

Grass Hopper !--- Most THC in a plant is in the form of THCA !-- When U can do an extraction and get 70% THC and 27. % THCA --I would like to learn how !-- We have to decarb to turn that THCA into it's active form for edibles !-- I know my way around the plant and I am obviously confused by what U say !---

Grass Hopper --I'm sorry I had a head injury and I can be blunt !--
Alcohol not only dissolves the oils but also waxes and other water soluble compounds !-- U can clean it up some but I never heard of it being clean enough to smoke !-- To avoid those water soluble compounds and make an extract without them coming out too is to Blast with Butane !-- BHO !-- Clean than any alcohol extract can ever be with higher THC % !-- As long as U get all the Butane out it can be used for most stuff including smoking !--Shatter ? ---Wax ? --Honeycomb ?

hi keef, sorry on your injury. these are the test results from lab... test #1 was not traditionally decarbed in the oven but was decarbed during the cooking, boiling off process... sample #2 came out just under 45% thc and was decarbed for 20 minutes at 240 degrees. because of the 220 filter i used in lieu of the coffie filter, i had grit in the final oil that disrupted the boiling off process. i believe because of there still being a fair amount of thca in batch #2 final product, that sample was not boiled/ cooked off enough.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

Cool Grass Hopper !-- Hey did U winterize it !-- U know freezing the extract for a couple days and filtering again !-- May kick your numbers up even higher !-- What variety does the RSO come from ?-- GH -- U gotta understand --Texas don't have labs to test your weed !--- I get caught !-- I go to jail !-- I'm into extracting for hash oil for e-cigs !--- I hope in late fall to order one of those --Simply "C" Super Critical CO 2 hash oil extractors-- I'm convinced it will become the industry standard !-- Have U hear of HBC --Hyper Baric Chamber Hash Oil? -- Interesting process !--- Umbra posted some pics of THCA crystals -- Making that would be a challenge !--

where do u guys get your syringes from?? what size is most popular?? what price raNGE DOES OIL GO FOR?? what is an ideal filter for straining?? the coffie filter i used screened out 5 to 8 grams of hash. holes are a little too fine. i think. thanks for your help!!

I tried this once with a distiller and all that stuff...
Best you try to find syringes with a metal attachment at the snout
I tried sucking up the hot oil into the syringe and melted the tip closed.
I also spilled some on an OVE GLOVE and I look at that stain and just weep.

All kinds of work for, oh so little gain, never again for me hahaha
I don't even do the bubble hash anymore, too expensive, I'd rather smoke the shake
then again..... I'm kinduvafukupeh?

oh, I'm not using the distiller, pay the shipping and it's yours... pm me.

keef, i used excellent trim and pop buds. 50/50 maybe. not heard of simply "c" spr crtl hash ext process. will check it out when i can. thanks!

pappy, yea i understand. my trim was so good it woulda been an excellent smoke. still have more though. funny guy!!

keef, i used excellent trim and pop buds. 50/50 maybe. not heard of simply "c" spr crtl hash ext process. will check it out when i can. thanks!

pappy, yea i understand. my trim was so good it woulda been an excellent smoke. still have more though. funny guy!!

good, all I got is funny, if it gets you guys tossing me a bone now and then, I'm happy

Pappy -- Ain't nobody tossing U a bone !-- Sometimes we forget everyone doesn't the terminology U got to ask the questions !-- I do all the time !-- We all just students of the plant !-- If U not happy with the grow then change something !-- When I make changes I try to make one change at a time !-- If U change several things at once U will no idea what helped or hurt ! --Hope U find the sweet spot !

Pappy -- Ain't nobody tossing U a bone !-- Sometimes we forget everyone doesn't the terminology U got to ask the questions !-- I do all the time !-- We all just students of the plant !-- If U not happy with the grow then change something !-- When I make changes I try to make one change at a time !-- If U change several things at once U will no idea what helped or hurt ! --Hope U find the sweet spot !

damn alcohol, I shouldn't come here when I'm out of pot
I meant that bone comment as a thank you for all the help I get here,
definitely not a complaint
good lord, what else did I do here last night?

came back from the lab just now. i recooked my second batch which came back at 44%thc. it is so thick now, i can't draw it up in a syringe. gonna have to add oil, olive, coconut etc. or maybe just it put in caps... anyway the new thicker batch is being retested. results back in 2 days.. i spoke with their chemist for a few minutes and learned a couple things i thought i would share... on the second batch, i froze the graves grain alcohol and the mj used to make the SECOND BATCH. mistake!!! CHEMIST SAID THAT THIS INHIBITED THE THC AND ASSOC. CANNABOIDS FROM BREAKING DOWN IN THE ALCOHOL.. will never freeze again!! also i read where when mixing your solvent and mj mix. mix for ONLY 3 TO 5 MINUTES. NEVER LONGER. the chemist asked me if my rso was for consumption... i said yes... he then said.. THE ONLY REASON TO MIX FOR 5 MINUTES IS TO HAVE VERY LITTLE CHLOROPHYL IN IT. he STRONGLY recommended LEAVE MIX AT LEAST A COUPLE HOURS AND OVERNIGHT IS EVEN BETTER. THIS WILL ENSURE U GET THE MOST THC AND CANNABANOIDS FROM YOUR WEED!! THEY WILL GET ABSORBED INTO THE SOLVENT MUCH EASIER AND MY THC CONTENT WILL BE HIGHER.. THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE. CAN'T WAIT TO TRY ANOTHER BATCH PER CHEMIST INSTRUCTIONS.. whoops, sorry on the caPS..

I tried this once with a distiller and all that stuff...
Best you try to find syringes with a metal attachment at the snout
I tried sucking up the hot oil into the syringe and melted the tip closed.
I also spilled some on an OVE GLOVE and I look at that stain and just weep.

All kinds of work for, oh so little gain, never again for me hahaha
I don't even do the bubble hash anymore, too expensive, I'd rather smoke the shake
then again..... I'm kinduvafukupeh?

oh, I'm not using the distiller, pay the shipping and it's yours... pm me.

the more research i do on rso, the more i realize the demand for rso is growing at an explosive rate. health benifits leading the way. i think it would be worth the effort to learn all u could on it, using smaller weed amounts. storage in syringes (fridge) lasts a long long time.. jmho..

the more research i do on rso, the more i realize the demand for rso is growing at an explosive rate. health benifits leading the way. i think it would be worth the effort to learn all u could on it, using smaller weed amounts. storage in syringes (fridge) lasts a long long time.. jmho..

I've tried it a couple times but I was operating in a vacuum :)
After reading your comments here, I may indeed give this another go.
Do you plan a thread on your next go-round?

Finally got my ID tags for the plants, perfect solution, great tip, thanks!

Just wanted to say hi, and I am reading. I need to make some oil today..

Sopappy, i love your sense of humor, you have made me smile many times today, thank you.

MUSTA looked, read 20 sites yesterday, ALL saying mix ONLY 3 minutes.. i think they are ALL copies of the original video with only slight variations. we will see. new small batch next week.. lab results from batch #2 recook coming about tuesday. will post..

I have seen a lady do the 3 minute wash and tasted it afterward. I don't think it is strong enough to be considered rso, jmo.

I have seen a lady do the 3 minute wash and tasted it afterward. I don't think it is strong enough to be considered rso, jmo.

hi rose, EVERYBODY recommends doing a 3 minute wash. when i googled anything to do with making rso. ALL said 3 minute wash. i think they are ALL copying rick simpsons video and putting their name on it. the chemist, as i said, said as long as u don't mind a little more chlorophyll in your rso, he asked how it would be administered. i said ingested... that i would find MORE THC AND CANNABINOIDS WITH A 2hr, 3hr. OR EVEN BETTER AN OVERNIGHT WASH. he appeared VERY smart and informed in this area. this is in direct conflict with everything i have read or watched on this rose. also of conflict was the fact that i froze my second batch of alcohol and weed. he said this inhibited the trics, thc from breaking down during my 3 minute wash. said room temperature is best..

it was a very interesting few minutes speaking with him. i am gonna listen to him and try a small batch (1 or 2 oz.) and learn if he is correct..

something else of interest i READ is that if a patient does not want or like the high, from taking doses of rso, to take it using as a suppository. said it will work well this way but u will NOT get high. again i read this and not sure if this is corect..

results back from lab on recook of batch #2... thc/thca nearly identical. even though it is much thicker, results same. i very much blame the 220 filter i used. the frozen 95 proof and weed did not help either. learning. smaller batches from this point on..

Latest posts

Back