Og ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samarta

Reaction score
I haven't been on in awhile, but rely on this forum. When a strain says OG this or OG that - what does the OG stand for. I got a feminized freebee called Blackberry OG. When I went back to look it up because I did not know if it was indica or sativa and could not even find it on the site's quick look up feature.

Basically it is simply a name given to a certain strain. There are different stories about what it stands for...but pretty much it doesn't matter what it originally stood for. I just think of it as the name given to a strain, like C99 or AK47.

The Blueberry OG is most likely a cross between Blueberry and some kind of OG. It could have been some kind of experimental cross the seedbank made...which is why it might not be a regular on their site and you couldn't find it.

Thanks! It took several days to pop, so we'll see??

If seed are sown directly into the dirt, it generally takes a few days to pop. So, sounds like so far, so good.

haha not too many black people around here huh?

samarta OG is 'urban slang'. It stands for 'original gangster' or 'old guy' depending but basically refers to something original or 'old skool'. Hope that helps

I love to smoke OG Kush. Not much of a yield when I tried it though. Could be just me.

I am an Old Geeser and have always known OG as "Original Gangsta" I think it originated in So Cal.

when my sons found out I was a grower, they laughed. I told them, I was OG. They laughed and said, you mean Old Geeser.
We’re they laughing after they tried some?

Delta999 already hooked this one, but I agree. OG means 'Original Gangster' . Used a lot to reefer to Old Skool stuff , and T'ing.

I vote original gangsta too. First grow had an OG clone, grower said Original Gangster then. I have also heard it referred to Over Grow, a website for growing years ago. Now I think, it is as Goddess says, a cross with an OG strain.

I live in Cali. I heard a guy in a dispensary years ago refer to OG as Ocean Grown. Those of us in the room laughed as one guy remarked "How in the hell do you grow weed in the ocean?" :)

Latest posts

Back