Solar Eclipse 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used welding glass here on the last one. Got a few weird pics through it.

Im about an hour drive from the Sc. path might make a small roadtrip....

I was thinking a road trip also:aok:
Mine would be a bit longer than a hour.

if i went, it would take me about three hours, maybe less. I'm staying home. i do not know how crowded it may get, and i don't like crowds or the police that come around with them

7 hours for me but still may do it, they say its surreal,everything go's quiet for about two min.(birds dont sing nothing moves kinda freaky)not sure how true that is but still would like to experience it ,,a 7 hour drive for a once in a life time experience is worth it ,just need a co pilot

Well, here we are. The eclipse will start on the western coast of Oregon in about half an hour. Then speed across the US at about 1200 miles per hour.

Everyone in the continental US will get at least a partial eclipse. Be sure not to look at the sun unless you have eclipse glasses or welding hood or glasses!

hey hg,,,,maybe you can answer this ? if the sun rises in the east and sets in the west how is the west cost seeing the eclipse first ....or if anyone eles may know very curious

we have heavy cloud cover here in sc. just gonna get dark for an hour,cany see anything....oh well,the weather channel is giving everyone a show.....

hey hg,,,,maybe you can answer this ? if the sun rises in the east and sets in the west how is the west cost seeing the eclipse first ....or if anyone eles may know very curious

Good question due to sun and moon trajectory and timing I suppose...

I hope everyone wore their tinfoil hats today :vap-leafy_wave:. I should have warned you about the innumerable dangers of full solar eclipses and I feel really bad about it but always being protected, I just didn't think about it. At 87% eclipse (we're not in the path of total eclipse) I saw a jackalope View attachment jackalope.jpg in my back yard.

very disappointed ..did get a nice tan,smokes a lot of weed,,all in all not a bad day,,, but the eclipse sucked ,,,,,,,watching on the tv was better

WOW BBP, Awesome shots. How cool was that? Is that called the corona? That is amazing. Here is my garden in eclipse.. we got a partial, but it was very cool in the hood. so quiet. The birds quit their bird noises... my solar lights went on but it was never dark. Thanks for posting those pics.

Great pics bbp. A lot of hubbub for only a couple of minutes, but it was pretty cool. What surprised me was that it stayed light outside until the sun was pretty much completely covered by the moon. Even with just a tiny sliver of sun left, it was still bright out, altho a kind of weird Twilight Zone type light.

WOW BBP, Awesome shots. How cool was that? Is that called the corona? That is amazing. Here is my garden in eclipse.. we got a partial, but it was very cool in the hood. so quiet. The birds quit their bird noises... my solar lights went on but it was never dark. Thanks for posting those pics.

Thanks rose! I believe so. I heard someone else say it's called the diamond ring for obvious reasons. My solar lights came on too...instantly with the totality.

Great pics bbp. A lot of hubbub for only a couple of minutes, but it was pretty cool. What surprised me was that it stayed light outside until the sun was pretty much completely covered by the moon. Even with just a tiny sliver of sun left, it was still bright out, altho a kind of weird Twilight Zone type light.

Thank you THG! I was thinking the same. Was a couple guys from Toronto here and I thought, after it was over, those guys have a long trip back home.

Awesome pics BBP!

Here's one from the iPad, got it through the eyeglasses. I have a better pic in my journal, again thru the glasses. I think we got about 87% too.

View attachment IMG_0882.jpg

Latest posts

Back