Not so much of a journal...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lesso. They do seem to have stagnated.

Beautiful bud there. I dig plants going dark like that. Hemp Goddess has some real pretty purples too. Congrats on the harvest.

thanks tcbud. i keep telling myself to chop this last one but i am having a hard time doing it. gave her a once over and i don't see more than an amber here and there. looks like she needs to plump up. my harvest is pretty small so far for the summer grow. i am guessing under 4 ounces. too much caterpillar damage and a little bud rot...

View attachment IMG_3972[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_3968[1].jpg

Looks nice. Good job separating it. Now, let it dry real well and Google Frenchy Cannoli and see how he rolls and presses the powder into a nice little block of hash.

I use a heated aluminum plate and a rolling pin. Frenchy uses a glass jar filled with hot water. I have done it hos way and it works great.

Gotta work it to get it from that powder to a nice fudgey hash.

My hash is not powdery. Did I mess it up? Smoked some of the 25 micron hash. It is pretty powerful. Seems a little harsh. Going to try a bit of the 75 micron tonight. It is a tough job but someone's gotta do it...

Chop it up like we used to do coke and let it dry.

Then press it and fold it... a lot like kneading bread.

Check out Frenchy.

i have it chopped into as small pieces as i can manage. letting it dry out now. i checked out frenchy. i don't think i have enough hash for that. i am guessing 2-3 grams. one of my sons is itching for some of the hash so it will probably not last. i will have to try the hash thing on the purple satori when i harvest next week. maybe i will get some purplish hash?

You can press each of those little piles separately and make 12 little chunks of hash.

After the ice wash, you have to work the powder to make hash. Just like you need to pull taffy or knead bread before it's ready.

When you press it with heat, all the little trichromes break up and blend together. This is what gives hash it's wonderful taste.

Take one of those piles.... either the 25 or 45u. Press it between your fingers and thumbs and breath on it as you press. Just that much heat and pressure will "melt" the powder and you can start working it like clay or dough.

Press, flatten and fold. Press flatten and fold. Press, flatten and fold.

After a while, it will get darker (almost black) as the trics break up and blend together. It also gets stiffer, just like bread dough does when the glutten gets activated from kneading.

The 73u and 120u will probably take more heat than just your finger heat because there's more debris in it. Thus, the heated jar of water.

Try it with just one of those piles. After you smoke the rolled hash, you'll never smoke the powder again.

You can press each of those little piles separately and make 12 little chunks of hash.

After the ice wash, you have to work the powder to make hash. Just like you need to pull taffy or knead bread before it's ready.

When you press it with heat, all the little trichromes break up and blend together. This is what gives hash it's wonderful taste.

Take one of those piles.... either the 25 or 45u. Press it between your fingers and thumbs and breath on it as you press. Just that much heat and pressure will "melt" the powder and you can start working it like clay or dough.

Press, flatten and fold. Press flatten and fold. Press, flatten and fold.

After a while, it will get darker (almost black) as the trics break up and blend together. It also gets stiffer, just like bread dough does when the glutten gets activated from kneading.

The 73u and 120u will probably take more heat than just your finger heat because there's more debris in it. Thus, the heated jar of water.

Try it with just one of those piles. After you smoke the rolled hash, you'll never smoke the powder again.

wow! another tidbit to print out for another time. THANKS for info!!

Thanks Hackerman. I am a child of the 70's and loved the hash I could get back then. The hashy taste was awesome. You have me convinced. I think the 120 is prolly gonna be used in some brownies as I did not use a larger mesh on top of the 120 so there are some filiments, dog hair and prolly old fogey hair in those piles.

Pressing per Hackerman. The hash smells a lot more 'hashy' and the consistency is getting like taffy. It is like one of those spinner things they sell now but for an old fogey. The OCD in me is bothered by the micron order. Sorry...

View attachment IMG_4018.jpg

Hey old fogey, I see what you mean, prolly would’a missed it myself though. Glad you made home safely from your trip!

Looks pretty sweet. I'll bet that 25u and 45u melt real nice in the pipe.

Thanks 2RedEyes. I am glad to be home. I have not smoked any of the pressed hash yet. My bong bowl is filled with some green crack from this most recent grow. It makes me feel TOASTED. LOL.

From the 'I musta done something right accidentally' page of the old fogey times , my sons girlfriend came in and told me the house smelled like a Christmas tree. Spent the day trimming my last plant, a Satori.

Cheers on the last plant. Love that green crack myself.

Latest posts

Back