Growing Marijuana Forum

Buds of the Month: Aggie007 with Lemon Tree and Ston-loc with I Cookies
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > General Indoor Growing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
TechAdmin
Administrator

TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin TechAdmin
Default Growing Applications

For the homebrew beer industry there are SaaS based apps to help you keep track of your homebrew beer. BrewersFriend.com and BeerSmith is a good example.

Each brewing session you track through the process, input data into the process, then at the end taste/evaluate so you have detailed easy to read notes/graphs on each beer recipe you brew. Plus it has built in tutorials, calculators, etc.

You can even clone a recipe session and keep doing it over and over, each time taking more detailed notes to refine your recipe.

I know there a couple right now for cannabis but none really are doing the SaaS style as the main focus. I know it's because growers didn't want their grows tracked but now as more and more States become legal and for those where it's legal to grow at home legally, are you still using notebooks or are you using some online solution to track grows?
TechAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:11 AM   #2
2RedEyes

2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes

The only place I track my few grows has been on the MP, grow journal forum...but I do use Brewers friend to track my homebrew batches....
I got these thoughts in my own head
Todd Snider
2RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
Hamster Lewis
Furry Moderator

Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis

I use 2 Android apps. Grow Journal and Grow Helper. Nothing mind blowing but both are free.

In the beginning, man created god...

Science can fly you to the moon...religion flies you into buildings

BHC#1313 VHC#69 TGC#135
Hamster Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
Hushpuppy
Dr MadBud

Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy Hushpuppy

I actually downloaded a notebook app to my phone that I can use for anything. I just keep notes on my water changes or anything special that I need to track.
Don't fear the Drift TGC#2112

Blueberry punch
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=57271
Stealth cabinet grow
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...389#post745389

Pup's new stealth closet
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=70037
Hushpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
NorCalHal

NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal NorCalHal

What's happening Tech. There are quite a few Track and Trace programs out there that we are going to have to implement. They track all inputs and follow the supply chain to thru retail sales.
NorCalHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #6
Hackerman
Admlnistrator

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

In our state all growers are required to have software that tracks the entire grow from seed to sale. I don't think we are the only state like that so there is probably plenty of sofware available that does that.

Are you looking for a PC app or a mobile app?
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #7
sopappy

sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy sopappy

I've tried a few, the novelty wears off fast and I fall behind, I keep a clipboard by the tubs to track the pH and PPMs at least and date the plants with tags going in to flower.
I'm pretty bad but hey, I'll contribute, this guy shared a nice excel spreadsheet
http://www.dopediary.com/spreadsheet-marijuana-tracker/
there is no way I could keep that thing up to date
sopappy is offline   Reply With Quote