Auto lighting question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
I think I'm going to try and start doing autos instead of photo for now anyway bc I'm not cloning anything rn so all I need is to grow the plant to produce the best medicine I can and start over I really want to do at least two harvests in a year...

But back to the main question...what type of light would I use for a auto...or do I change from MH/HPS bc I read on another thread that you can use T5s for the whole grow for autos and get different bulbs to add in the the fixture...so what's the BEST kind of light for an auto? Break it down for me please. And if you can explain the difference between the bulbs for T5's

AMZN:

http://amzn.com/B005H1C74O

These are just lights that I'm looking at.. Lmk if any of them are worth the cost and good light.

Another question alot of these t5's are saying in the description that they only max out at like 30k lumens? Would I need two of these T5 fixtures?

with Autos you can put thru 4 crops a years I do anyways and 90 days each, so having a lot of seeds, or making them is a top priority.
as most autos are half the height of phototropic plants you need less room about 2 ft high is average at least for my favorites,
Short Stuff Auto#1*(cheap) and the THC bomb auto(expensive) ...avoid getting feminized seeds get regular so you can learn and breed

for lights an average 400w digital will more than do the job, get the one you can dial down and has 2
circuits like HPS and Mh about $120 on amazon? lemme look
81BJ60qHyzL._SL1200_.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YXDHX6/ref=twister_B00EUMEJRO[/ame]

ps. Auto lighting question? 18/6 is good permanently

What do you mean by avoid getting feminized seeds??
they can be very difficult to breed from, unless you wanna go the sts or colloidal silver route, which may be a bit much if this is your first time growing ...thanks

Its not my first time growing man haha, thats why I asked that...but no I'm not breeding anything until later when I get my genetics right and I collab some crazy looking **** like Berners gelato...look it up its crazy krystals

I agree with vostok, the apollo 400W mh/hps combo is great for a properly sized tent to grow autos.

I have used it for 3 years...no issues. I personally do a 20/4 light schedule.

Check my journal out....that is the light I am using currently and the light schedule too.

Oh, you would do well to buy a better HPS bulb to use in the kit. Get the kit that only comes with the MH, then get a better HPS bulb. (IE:hortilux or aggrosun, as the apollo bulbs arent very good, they last a while...but the light range and intensity cannot compare to the better name brands)

Alright yeah I'm gonna get a better MH/HPS system...the one I have now is bogus it was given to me thats why I'm not really trippin about it... But my HPS or the ballast does not even work..I took it apart and I couldn't see anything that was not connected and the compacitor was not leaking like vostok added in another thread..so I have no idea... I'm going to get a new setup with the same light you posted or one similar to it...and the box that I'm working with now is only a 3x2 so ill only have like 2-3 plants growing max

UPDATE!

These are my only two left (of course the two biggest ones were males) so now I'm stuck with these little girls...

Pic#1 only has 2 real bud sites (which disappointed me heavily bc the males had 9-14 budsites on each) :/

Pic#2 is the other girl..theres alot going on with this one...shes way bushier then #1, but still only 3 main budsites (the little popcorn sites im not adding)

and for shits and giggles I noticed all of the fan leaves that I've been trimming this whole time was so many clones that were just being wasted

so I stuck a branch in some dirt (same used in the other plants) and I started to give it the flower nutes and I figured it would die bc when I stuck it in there the leaves were already curled, I was just playing...

But it actually is alive and its on the flower cycle so idk what its gonna do either die or produce a baby bud!

Thanks for checking it out guys and for the info its greatly appreciated...and budz ill Check out your threads!

View attachment WP_20150619_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20150619_003.jpg

View attachment WP_20150619_004.jpg

Rather than "bogus" do you mean that the light does not work? Have hyou tried another bulb? Does the bulb look burned? Is the filament intact? Ballasts do go out, so it could be the ballast, but if I had not tried another bulb, I would not make the assumption that it was the ballast.

I also advice against a batwing reflector. I would get a cool tube or an air coolable reflector. It really makes a whole bunch of difference in how easy or hard it is too cool a space. Going with a reflector that you can air cool is not much more money. You will also need a good exhaust, too.

Yeah I've tried another bulb and neither look burnt one ik its not burnt I got it out of the box...and yeah there's one on Amazon for like $140 and its the coolable hood

Latest posts

Back