Rosebud and Rick Simpson oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, good enough. They must make theirs better than I do. When my rso comes out of the tube (syringe) it is thicker than toothpaste.
Mine never turns to oil at room temp. Mine is solid at room temp. So they must make it different than a home maker can. They must be doing it on a larger scale with fancy equipment. Maybe you need a better teacher than me... seriously. I don't know how to get that consistency.

But we are kicking some cancers butt, like i said..

Rosebud, I may not be describing perfectly as I only layed eyes on this once when it arrived and once when I took the pic.

I just purchased a temp laser gun. The one with 2 lasers. Thanks for the tip. I have everything but the syringes.

I finally had some spare time and opened the Magical Butter Maker. I chuckled when I noticed the 4 hour tincture button. lol This is going to be easy. Knock on wood. :D

Well, after reading the directions I'm confused. I thought this would be used as a rice cooker. Mix the bud and alcahol for 3 minutes twice, then strain into the rice cooker, then boil off. The way I read the directions are telling me to put bud and alcahol together in the MBM and use the 4 hour tincture option. I don't understand that at all.

See, I do need your help Rosebud.

Yes, follow the directions on the 4 hour tincture. Then you will need to cook off the alcohol to make the rso. When are you going to make it?

If your end result is RSO, then you do a 4 hour tincture in the machine. Then you go outside and cook off all the booze on a hot plate. It is very flammable. You need an instant read thermometer on that. You don't want to destroy the pot but you do want to cook off the booze. I always have to look up the right temp, i can never remember that.

I wish there was a better way than syringes. I have used a tiny glass cup and the patient just takes a tooth pic and gets it that way. He puts the rso between two chocolate chips and lets it melt and swallow. It is VERY hard when done. He has requested I make it thinner... I am thinking a bit of coconut oil at the end but haven't done that yet.

I cook with 99% iso...then when its close, I pour a lil' shine in...then a couple drops of water when its needed to finish the cook...made my oil more runny, but not enough to not be picked up on a toothpick....hth

mojo

Yes, follow the directions on the 4 hour tincture. Then you will need to cook off the alcohol to make the rso. When are you going to make it?

I'm going to make it when my temperature gun arrives Rosebud. Ok so I put a couple of cups of weed in the MBM, fill and cover with Kleen extraxt approx. 1/2". Put the lid on the MBM and tincture for 4 hours. After this 4 hours pour this material thru the bubble bag they provided into a rice cooker or cooking pan of some sort, add a drop of water at this point and cook off the remaining Kleen extract. Done.

Do I have it right? I hate to be a pain but I think I got it but I'm still not sure.

I use 80 grams of pot decarbed. I put that in the machine. I cover it with booze and try to hit the middle of the two lines, on the lesser side. Then yes. 4hours later what you described as far as straining. I use their bag but i do it again with cheese cloth on a metal strainer. THEN the work starts.

You go outside. On a hot plate and you bring it to the right temperature, you cook all of the booze off.. ALL OF IT. It goes fast so you don't want to burn it. Don't let it get over 240 degrees F...Please watch these.. I don't use the rice cooker as it wasn't an even temp. Mine got too hot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZXGH6mYr3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGWxz0DMSI

Thanks Rosebud. So, the Better Butter machine replaces the human stirring the product. I thought, until I read the directions, the Better Butter was being used to cook down the booze. Who knew. Not me. I see now.

Thanks you too Grower. I'm going view the links you guys provided.

I watched that video too Rosebud. I just didn't understand the use of the butter maker.

I have one more question. The directions say not to grind the material and I read grinding was best. I already ground the trim but nothing else.

I have done both ways and i think grinding is best. So are you ok about cooking it off?

Rosebud, I ground all my material the other day. I decarbed everything I have today. Everything went well. It was easy.

I have a 4 hour tincture going right now. I'm going to cook that off tonight.

I WILL have 2 ounces of weed worth of RSO tonight. I wonder how many ML's of RSO this 2 oz. batch will make? 10 ML's is 1 tablespoon.

I chose no heat on the tincture. I hope that was right.

the 4 hour tincture is with heat.

So about 56 grams, right? I would say probably one syringe. If you wait till morning to cook it off I will be available for consult.

the 4 hour tincture is with heat.

So about 56 grams, right? I would say probably one syringe. If you wait till morning to cook it off I will be available for consult.

How much heat? Did i ruin this batch?

How much heat? Did i ruin this batch?

I'm no expert...... but I do know how to make RSO...... I would think you could add back alcohol and heat it to 160 for 4 hours and make no difference.......... I don't think you ruined anything...... I just finished up a batch of tincture this past weekend........ evaporated off 75% of alcohol......... strong stuff for sure......... but I also belive I could pour it out in a pan and evaporate off the rest of the alcohol and have RSO very quick and easy.

Latest posts

Back