new auto grow help pls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needhelpasap025

Reaction score
I am having trouble uploading pics so I will just try to explain my problem. I have tried growing for my first time. I went with autos for many reason, I have many strains, but I don't want to grow the good ones on my first try so I went with speedy Gonzales.
I read many articles on set up care and all that and followed all of it to the T. my plant doesn't seem to be growing as fast as it should. its only about 6 to 8 inches tall and just sprouting its first 5 point leaves.
early on I noticed some pest so I used an organic pesticide, and just the other day I added a tiny tiny bit of fert.
my plant now the leaves that sprout after the seed leaves have white spots on them and the other newer fan leaves are growing weird, like they are twisted and mangled looking, some tips are curving left, right, up, or down. no white spots on those though.
I started sprouting on September 1st and now its only 6 to 8 inches tall and the leaves sprouting the way they are is a concern to me.
can anyone give any advice for me on this?

Are you Indoor or outdoor? If indoor how many lumens and what kind of light? One of the many reasons why I don't grow autos any more is sometimes you get a runt and with autos it's not like you can extend the veg time. Without pics it is hard to say what your problem is.

I know it's an old post, but just wanted to say that my speedy started out little and slow , but by the fourth week it literally exploded with growth, I haven't harvested yet, still have a few weeks to go

Yeah lol I'm a bit paranoid about posting pics, because I don't know how to do it right

Could you give us more info about your grow? Size of space, size and types of lights, medium you are growing in, what you are feeding them, ventilation, etc.

Could you give us more info about your grow? Size of space, size and types of lights, medium you are growing in, what you are feeding them, ventilation, etc.

If you're asking me, the grow space is about a foot and a half by a foot and a half I'm using 50/50 hydroton coco coir for a grow medium, 250 watt mh/hps lighting, dwc/ drip hydroponics with GH performance pack nutes and advanced nutrients bud candy also using collected rain water autos on a 20/4 light cycle, I used the meh lights until they started to flower , now I'm using the hps I'm only doing two plants at a time , temps in the tent are upper 70s lower 80s humidity levels at about 55% ph levels at 6.1 I took a ten gallon tote and put two sites on it got a bubbler in it and a submersible pump
I used two 32 oz deli cups to make the net pots or whatever with it seems to be doing really good, I guess I'll know for sure after harvest and dry/cure.

Your pH levels are too high for hydro. At 6.1 there are a lot of nutrients that the plant cannot utilize. I will link a chart showing nutrients uptake at differing pH levels.

I run DWC. I have found that it works best for me to start my pH low like 5.4 or so and let it drift up to about 6.0. You may also find that you need to add Cal-Mag. For some reason, coco seems to need more Ca/Mg than a lot of other mediums.
Are your plants getting plenty of fresh air--are you exchanging the air in your space at least once a minute?

Everything else sounds good with your grow. The pH and the Cal-Mag are the only issues I see.

It is very safe to post pics here.

PH and nutrient chart: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

I have passive airflow in and a carbon scrubber with a high power inline fan out , also have an additional fan I can use if needed, I can easily bring down the ph but I'm all tapped out this month and can't get any cal/mag, tho the bud candy is a mag supplement , if my wife caught me taking pics, she would make me get rid of everything i have got over 800invested in start up and this grow and don't wanna throw it away, if I can get away with it with out her finding out maybe , but I tend to try not to cross her oh I have a temp / humidity level reader thingy too that I took from a reptile enclosure
I also am using floraliciuos , rapid start, liquid kool bloom, vegan plant booster those all came with the performance pack is there anything I can add that's easily obtained at any garden store cal/mag wise? By the time I would order and receive anything online, this grow will be about done and I'll be flushing it

I have passive airflow in and a carbon scrubber with a high power inline fan out , also have an additional fan I can use if needed, I can easily bring down the ph but I'm all tapped out this month and can't get any cal/mag, tho the bud candy is a mag supplement , if my wife caught me taking pics, she would make me get rid of everything i have got over 800invested in start up and this grow and don't wanna throw it away, if I can get away with it with out her finding out maybe , but I tend to try not to cross her oh I have a temp / humidity level reader thingy too that I took from a reptile enclosure
I also am using floraliciuos , rapid start, liquid kool bloom, vegan plant booster those all came with the performance pack is there anything I can add that's easily obtained at any garden store cal/mag wise? By the time I would order and receive anything online, this grow will be about done and I'll be flushing it
you could foliar feed with epsom salts for the cal/mag
they are just couple bucks a bag
you probably might actually have some already

but the main thing like THG stated is bringing you PH down
at 6.1 you are locking out calcium which is in direct correlation with magnesium absorbtion

Epsom salts has Mg, but not Ca. I will see if I can find a readily available source for Ca that breaks down fast. However if you get your pH in line your Ca problem may take care of itself.

Boy I sure love my Amazon Prime....free 2 day shipping on tons of products. And often it is cheaper than I can get it for at someplace like Home Depot. Bio-Tone is just one example of something cheaper on Amazon that if you drive to the store to get it.

Epsom salts has Mg, but not Ca
you are correct i should of better worded that
and the ca would have to be foliar unless he gets his ph straight other wise just pushing calcium to the feed might lock something else out and cause more issues

Getting the ph right isn't really a problem , I have what I need to do that, and as a plus, the girls are showing no sign of stress, they look really good, I'm due for a res change tomorrow anyway , I'll make sure my ph is down I in the 5.5. 5.7. Range

Latest posts

Back