Benefits of cutting down on cigs by smoking MJ! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
it was not my aim to do so, but it came along with the increase in mj smoking, so it seems like as I grow, mj is having less and less negative side effects on me like anxiety, and more benefits like relaxation and comfort, so i am basically smoking a lot, i don't know, 3-4 grams a day? lol so i thought that every time i felt like smoking, i would not smoke a cig rather spark up a joint. I do however put just a little spray of tobacco into the joint to help it burn evenly, but the entire day would probably not have me smoking more than a cigarette in all the joints. i might sometime smoke a cig or 2 but that's it :D anyway, the biggest benefit i had out of this, and this is only a high probability, is my nasal allergies are ceasing, i am breathing way better from my nose, and this had been a chronic case for me, i had to do nasal saline flushings and it would not work except when it becomes a life devotion to flush, and drugs do only temporary fixes for it, and never knew that the cigarettes were the cause until now! I am beginning to feel a burn inside my nose because of the added oxygen that is passing and it is kind of irritating but that is because the nerves there were not exposed to oxygen like they are now.

That is good that you are kicking cigs.

Do not quit quitting, it will work. I have quit at least 6 times. One time for 15 years. Tobacco is a LIFELONG addiction, whether or not you are presently smoking tobacco. This time I have been free from that scourge for 7 years. Hopefully for the rest of my years.

Awesome ZEM...however you can do it, that is awesome. I am glad your are enjoying your pot... WOO HOO.

Yooper, you are so right, i quit for 20 years and started again, but i have been off for three years now. I went to an acupuncturist last time. But, i still can never have even a drag off of a cig... hooked.. It is a lifelong addicition. good point.

LOL--like yooper, I "practiced" quitting many times before I got it right. I have now been tobacco free for about 12 years. Absolutely the best thing I ever did for myself in my lifetime. Quitting cold turkey seemed to work best for me.

Get an e-cig, I have been smoke free for 4 years, have not touched or had the urge for a cig since I bought my first cheap ecig. This is my new setup, excellent vape. Vaping some English toffee Malty I mixed myself, good stuff.
View attachment P1000041 (738x800).jpg

I have never yet quit tobacco altogether. i would only increase or decrease smoking. this past month or so, is by far the lowest in cigarettes consumption in my life. i am averaging like 2 per day, but i am smoking many many little joints. I have an e-cig but that was never taken seriously enough to stop smoking by using it.

bummer you cant kick it man

smoked from 15-36 (21 years) I'm 42 now

never tried to quit... always said "I'll quit when I know I want to... and it ain't now!"
[usually accompanied with lighting another Camel (light for the last 10 of the 21)]

that day came... a combination of my 2 year old daughter mimicking the smoking hand motion and the "thick, heavy lungs" I felt as I would go to sleep every night.
I bitched and moaned to everyone around me about how I wanted a F'n cigarette!! hell, I typed it out a million times in WoW chat.

(wont lie) it was a good 2 months of NASTY cravings another 6 after that of just nasty etc etc but man... you can quit!

I relapsed once since then. started taking smoke breaks @ work. so for 8 months I smoked @ work ONLY, didn't smoke over the weekend etc but even that brought the "heavy lungs" back and it wasn't worth it to me.

I took a drag off a buddy's American Spirit a few months ago (the same guy who I started smoking with sooo many years ago) and it about made me sick...
I decided right then that I hate cigarettes and that's fine with me!!

good luck

Yeah you have to be serious about it to make it work.

Once you quit you realize how bad they stink.

Yeah you have to be serious about it to make it work.

well it was the best gadget that every smoker envied me for holding in a movie theater :D

I really loved American spirit...lol.

right now, i only smoke rolling tobacco mac barren brand, they made me hate regular cigs so much that i dont buy pack at all. they are bad, just not as bad, and i make smaller cigs and it is time consuming and is an effort by itself to roll before each cig. i know that i will sometime face this problem that i know exists in my life, but i may still be manning up LOL i am 33 and have me a beautiful baby girl of 1yr 8 months old i always hide from her when i smoke. i think that if i wanted to do it, the easiest would be to stop adding any tobacco at all to my joints and not smoking any cigs, but smoking weed. i think that for me, supplementing tobacco with marijuana is easy. i have been smoking like 2 per day for couple of months, i can drop them to 0 with no harsh withdrawals i guess, i will know once i try. i still don't have enough weed to go through this plan, but i will soon have enough i hope so! it is hard to keep up with this consumption with only one 400w so i am firing up the secong one in like 20 days when the clones are ready. maybe in 2 months from now, i will have enough jars filled to remove tobacco entirely and trying with weed by itself

Once you quit you realize how bad they stink.

i remember quite well from the school days, when i first started smoking, and smelling smokers, how much it stinks. i still cannot sit indoor with smokers, i open up windows wide when i smoke and i only smoke in my private room or outdoors. when i smoked more, i would sleep in freezing weather with open windows just to air my bedroom where i smoke. i remember my mom used to go crazy when she saw how many tops i was wearing in bed, but i knew it was better than sleeping with smoke filled air inhaled all night

That sounds like a great plan Zem, it is also a good time to quit, in your 30's good for you.

I quit before e cigs and vaporizers, but I did get a dugout with a cigarette bat and would take am hit off that when I got a bad cigarette craving.

I really loved American spirit...lol.
4 of us friends got together after high school/college (mid 90s) and rented a house together. We would buy American Spirit by the lb and the pre-rolled tubes + "rolling" (shoving) machine.

I won this jacket by filling out a survey for them and Faxing it in ASAP after I got the E-mail @ work ... think it was on a Pentium 200 computer LOL

hate wool: never worn ... waaaay too cool to GoodWill it

:48:

View attachment PICT1211.jpg

That is sooo cool. A lady at the cigarette store gave me a big tin sign they weren't going to use.. I still have it... don't know where to put, but i like it. It is not hanging either. Your coat is very cool. I mean REALLY COOL!!!! Red leather....omg

hahahaha, that jacket is rad!!! Sunday will be two years since my last cig. Best thing I've ever done... You have to want it, to fight through the urges. Honestly the first two weeks were the hardest. I used the nicotine lozenge things that cost damnear more than a pack of smokes, for like 6 months before I finally cold turkey'd those. Was the best decision ever though. Feel so much better.

Cool jacket....I don't suppose it is a woman's medium is it......

Latest posts

Back