Experimental soil grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bios

Reaction score
Sup guys and gals. Finished trimming the previous season made some hash. going to take it a step further and turn it into rosin tech. solventless hash oil or whatever it is.

Anyways so the plan now is to start germing and vegging indoors under a bunch of CFL, might upgrade to one LED light not sure yet. see how the growth is a few weeks in.
Veg for 4-5 weeks, give or take.
Put outside in maybe end of october, early november.
plants will switch to flower immediately.
Flower for 6-8 weeks depending how they look.
chop january first.
will be using some of the seeds from last seasons grow.
will be supercropping, FIM, and LST.
Put the seeds into soil this morning after soaking in water for two days.
:vap-leafy_wave:

:peace:

Can you get yourself a T5 to veg under? They are so much better than cfl's.

I don't know of any varieties that flower only 6-8 weeks. Most of mine are 9 weeks. Nothing I know of flowers at 6 weeks. Best of luck on your new grow!~

high output, looking into it thank you yarddog.

T8s and T12 are nothing like T5s--the difference is amazing. The T8 and 12 are more like CFLs in that their lumen to watt ratio is very poor. T5s on the other hand rank up with MH in lumens per watt. So the switch to T5s will not only give you better growth, you can use less watts and get more better light.

I am with Rosebud on the 6-8 week flowering period--never seen a 6 week strain. Most strains run 9-10 weeks. What is your weather like in November through January? Depending on where you are, you may have less than 12 hours of light a day, which will affect flowering. Also, if temps get below 60, this will literally slow growth to nothing. And of course, strain will play a big part.

What is rosin tech solventless hash oil?

You can always overdrive your t12-8s I do it every time I use them but it still won't come close to t-5.

i ordered a t5ho fixture.

weather from November to January is pretty warm, it can get maybe in the 50s some nights, but usually its always 65-75 year round.
I'm thinking most likely going to have less than 12 hours in a day. Could rig the xtra t8 fixture w/ a timer for a few hours each night though, perhaps that could mimick day time? or atleast a long sunset lol.
Rosin tech is pressing nugs, keif, or hash, between two hot/warm surfaces on parchment paper.
for hash+keif you use a 25-90 micron screen around the hash. to keep in the contaminants, and leave you w/ the concentrate
around 150-180 degrees F. for 20 seconds or so
The end result is similar to a shatter. high concentrate.
But its safer, since your not using any butance, or isopropyl. ( thats what i like about it the most.)

You won't regret that T5. I have one in my bathroom to keep clones and only use 3 of the tubes on. I have had mine a long time and never been sorry. Thank you THG.

I think that using T8s to supplement sunlight would be useless--the T8s just do not put off enough light. You will probably be just as well off using whatever mother nature provides to you. However, studies have shown that you can get 50% less bud running 10 hours of light rather than 12 hours, so you should take that into account. However, your temps are within growing range, so you will get something, just not nearly as much as if the plants were receiving 12 hours of light.

Thanks for telling me about the Rosin technique --I too get a bit nervous with volatile substances.

Well I'm going to rig a little something on one or two plants to provide a bit of extra artificial light.
Then on the others I will just let em go without.
Really wish I could do a small indoor setup but electric costs just too much out here.
LEDs are cool, maybe one day in the future.

Had three seeds pop out of soil now. Woohoo haha
Very exciting I know .....

3seedlings out of 10 pots not the greatest odds. put 11 more seeds in w/ the good strain that i last grew. really kicking myself for not marking the original names.

I have t5 for vegging, but have used it once to flower plants in the winter/early spring. I got some really nice small plants. Hard nuggets and lots of Amber. If size doesn't matter, maybe run a t5 grow indoors.

I have an 8 bulb t5ho. Vegged once with it so far. I've really been happy with it.

i like that idea. only thing is space is limited. I have made a bubble cloner and i plan to put it to use in the room. waiting on my fem seeds to arrive to create two mother plants, once they arrive ill be running the bubble cloner in the room.

The 8 bulb fixture is creating alot more heat then expected yikes! i think i might try raising up the lights a bit. had to turn off four of the bulbs temps pushing 95F.

I run a fan on my seedlings to disapate the heat. I also only run the outside lights on seedlings. Keep the seedlings in the center for a few weeks with the lights about four/five inches off the plants with a gentle fan moving the air under the fixture.

plants seem to be coming along just fine. i will drop a few pics on here pretty soon.

Latest posts

Back