curling leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeblaro

excellent
Reaction score
Hey everybody

My ladies are coming along nicely... about 2 weeks into flowering now. One of my girls started getting sick, curling her leaves. She isn't stunted (seemingly) and appears to be in great health other than the curling. Here's a picture (used my phone)... Anybody have any ideas?

sick.jpg

That can be a couple of things. Straight away it looks to me like leaves are drying too much from either too much heat in growroom or wind blowing directly on plant. I don't see any discoloration that leads me to think deficiency...Is it doing that at the top, middle, or bottom of plant? is it on bigger, older leaves, or younger. Are there several leaves doing that or just a couple? Is it on more than one plant or just the one plant?

Are you growing soil or doing hydro? For which ever medium you choose make sure you are within the proper range for pH. I think magnesium deficiencies look like those leaves sometimes. First make sure the pH is correct before assuming any nutrient deficiencies, though.

Hang out and wait and others will help.

The curling is occuring more so at the top, in the new growth. Almost every newer leaf is curling, and some of the older ones aswell. It's on just one plant, (1 of 4).

I'm growing in a soil mix. HP (peat, perlite, etc) mixed with compost, bonemeal, wormcastings... it wasn't exactly a calcultated mixture, just a rough educated quick mix.

I don't have a PH meter, so getting proper levels is impossible. I've always just "wing"ed the PH. It's an investment high on the priority list.

A friend of mine has a PH tester, I suppose the wise thing to do is get him over to my place.

Im on my first grow and have yet to invest in a proper PH meter, but what I've been using is the drops that you can get at any hydro, or even garden store for like $7! How have you made it this far without any testing? Have you been using ph + or - at all? Or by winging it do you mean just watering with what your tap water is?

Make sure that your soil is totally saturated. If you put in to much worm castings it could clump up,dry and get hard around root base where it won't take in any water. I take a spike,stick it in soil like in four (4) places around plant then water slowly. Ya you may rip a few roots, but at least they get feed now. Good luck.

looks like improper temps...what are the temps in the room? How often does air get exchanged?..what size light and How far away do you have them from plant?..Im with Hushpuppy and see no Defcy but maybe an Enviorment dissorder..Just my thaughts

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back