Olive oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, eating plant matter is not a problem, I just find it icky to have gritty chlorophyll filled plant material in my edibles.

I have been making a lot more edibles lately. It started when I had this respiratory thing and couldn't smoke. I used 1 lb of butter (2 cups) to start and got 1-7/8+ cups of butter after straining and squeezing. Lost less than 1/8 cup that was left in the strained bud. Results were similar when I made oil with coconut oil. I have made 2 tins of brownies, salted caramels, and fudge. They have all turned out great. I generally just eat them at nighttime.

Going to make some e-cigarette juice next. I am thinking of making that with concentrates though--maybe make some rosin, as making BHO scares me.

I want to know all about whatever you learn making juice. My research is showing that pg400 or peg will be easiest to suspend oils in, but i haven't gone out of my way to do a decent test with raw unflavored liquid yet. there are lots of choices for the blends on those, and too thick will clog some atomizers.

No, eating plant matter is not a problem, I just find it icky to have gritty chlorophyll filled plant material in my edibles.

I have been making a lot more edibles lately. It started when I had this respiratory thing and couldn't smoke. I used 1 lb of butter (2 cups) to start and got 1-7/8+ cups of butter after straining and squeezing. Lost less than 1/8 cup that was left in the strained bud. Results were similar when I made oil with coconut oil. I have made 2 tins of brownies, salted caramels, and fudge. They have all turned out great. I generally just eat them at nighttime.

Going to make some e-cigarette juice next. I am thinking of making that with concentrates though--maybe make some rosin, as making BHO scares me.

I am happy with how the e-cig juice has turned out. I used this from Amazon to make the juice: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AB0JZ5E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00[/ame] It is for use with concentrates. I made an alcohol tincture with everclear. I filled a half pint jar full with mostly bud (but a bit of small really frosty leaves also went into the jar). Then I filled with Everclear. I left it for about 2 weeks shaking it every day. I took a 2 oz shot glass of this and let it evaporate down until it was basically RSO. I used a crockpot to do a double boiler thing as I have a gas stove (and alcohol fumes and open flames do not mix). When it was evaporated down to RSO, I added approx. 5 ml (a teaspoon) of the mix to the oil in the shot glass and heated for approx. 30 minutes. The concentrate dissolved well and the resulting e-cig liquid is pleasant tasting and quite strong. In fact it is strong enough that I might add some 0 nicotine e-cig flavor to it for tokers not as experienced as my buddy and I.

I am harvesting a CBD plant now and am going to make some more e-liquid from her. I might try making rosin as this plant is not cured and dried--read that fresh non-dried bud makes the best rosin.

using a premade liquid kit isn't something I considered. I'll have to look into the mix they are using (liquid is waayy cheaper blended yourself). This will likely save me a lot of trial and error. thanks!

I am happy with how the e-cig juice has turned out. I used this from Amazon to make the juice: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AB0JZ5E/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 It is for use with concentrates. I made an alcohol tincture with everclear. I filled a half pint jar full with mostly bud (but a bit of small really frosty leaves also went into the jar). Then I filled with Everclear. I left it for about 2 weeks shaking it every day. I took a 2 oz shot glass of this and let it evaporate down until it was basically RSO. I used a crockpot to do a double boiler thing as I have a gas stove (and alcohol fumes and open flames do not mix). When it was evaporated down to RSO, I added approx. 5 ml (a teaspoon) of the mix to the oil in the shot glass and heated for approx. 30 minutes. The concentrate dissolved well and the resulting e-cig liquid is pleasant tasting and quite strong. In fact it is strong enough that I might add some 0 nicotine e-cig flavor to it for tokers not as experienced as my buddy and I.

I am harvesting a CBD plant now and am going to make some more e-liquid from her. I might try making rosin as this plant is not cured and dried--read that fresh non-dried bud makes the best rosin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back