1st time indoors...advise please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miah

Reaction score
i was sucessful last year with an outdoor project, but since moving into a rowhome i wasnt able to do outdoors this year and it wasnt nothing complex by far....anyways....

i have 3 plants that i started in sept next to the window inside, moved them outside on the porch for awhile and since brought them inside under a MH either a 250 or 400 not sure which. I also have a HPS 400 and (2) 48in flous that i have buy have been told to only use the MH for veg then the HPS for flowering...do you all agree????

anyways my setup isnt anything fancy, MH sitting on top of a metal dog crate with some foil and some white boards to help keep the light in. i have the MH on 24/7 along with 2 small fans. still have yet to get a temp/humidity gauge or a soil PH tester ( will be getting both shortly ).

as far as soil i am just using hyponex potting soil, i know i need to pick up some perolite. i do have bat guano on the way and do have fish emulsion 5-1-1 using 1 tblspn per gallon. was using 1x day but now only every other watering.

what nutes can i use for veg that i can pick up at walmart, home depot or lowes? something that i can easily get for a low cost. also what brand of soil can i get at one of these stores that would be along the lines of fox farms products???

thanks in advance and sorry for all the ?s

MJ%20002[1].JPG

MJ%20006[1].JPG

MJ%20007[1].JPG

MJ%20009[1].JPG

From wally world it would be a task. For soil, if I had to get it from walmart, would probably be miracle grow but you would definitely need some lime(hydrated, dolomitic, garden, etc.) because the MG is acidic but besides that great soil. I would drop the hyponex. I think, correct me if i'm wrong, that it's sand based and thats no good. Pick up some worm castings at walmart. Plants love it and i've used it in a 50%soil, 50% castings ratio before with great results. Castings also do the same thing as perlite, loosens the soil, with an advantage because it has nutritional value and could cut down on how much you have to feed nutes. Hope I helped a lil. Good luck:D.

just got back from the store and picked up some medium potting soil and some perlite. i am gonna put down some small stones then go 60/40with soil and perlite...
after i repot them should i water them with just water or should i use the gallon of water with 1 tblspn of fish emulsion in it?

another question comes to mind. i got my seeds from a bag of nice nugs, but wait there were seeds in it, does that mean the buds were from a hermie???? so i guess this means my plants are gonna be hermie too, is this correct or am i worried about nothing???

here are some newer pics
i used some medium potting soil and perlite

not sure whats up with the one....
any ideas?

recommendations on nutes to use during veg other than fox farm stuff i keep hearing about, i would like to use something that is commonly found at home depot or lowes etc.

MJ 015.jpg

MJ 017.jpg

MJ 016.jpg

The possibility of your babies growing bananas(hermie) on you is pretty high, like many people say, growing bagseed is a crapshoot, more than likely though at least one will be a hermie, but some people grow some pretty good hermies so dont be discouraged. Looks like your plants need some nitrogen by their light green color, whats the NPK ratio for the fish emulsion?

50bud said:
The possibility of your babies growing bananas(hermie) on you is pretty high, like many people say, growing bagseed is a crapshoot, more than likely though at least one will be a hermie, but some people grow some pretty good hermies so dont be discouraged. Looks like your plants need some nitrogen by their light green color, whats the NPK ratio for the fish emulsion?

fish emulsion is 5-1-1

Add some of that, look on the directions for the feeding ratios, should be like 1 tsp per gallon of water or something like that.

50bud said:
Add some of that, look on the directions for the feeding ratios, should be like 1 tsp per gallon of water or something like that.
actually it says 1 tblspn per gallon
but was wondering if i should only use 1/4 of recommended use at first then move up to recommended use?

Yeah you dont want to shock em' to much, use one fourth of the recomended dosage, then gradually work your way up in prob a 2 week period.

yeah like they said, its a crapshoot from bagseed, but don't be discouraged. Even if it is hermie you will still get some smoke. Maybe you will be lucky like me and get a full fem from it, but who really knows until it grows.

Latest posts

Back