Wow, spam bot got us. LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheee, I'm back.

Thanks TA. And, nice job on the cleanup, Rosie.

:)

!!!!! I'm shocked and hurt, Rosie my sweet. If we were at a masquerade party, I would know you from your inner beauty shinning clean through your costume.

Yet, you don't know me with a different name. :(

LOL

I seem to be at a disadvantage you smooth talker you.... Care to share with me?

In the end they are banned and we will just continue practicing our hobby peacefully :)

some people just need to be mean

Just read this thing about the spammers. I will never understand why someone would join a forum they don't have interest in just to trash it. I'm in a few forums. Came back to this one. Back in the grow. These places are just so nice to be in. Yet people think its a place to mess up. Who knows. Anyhow. I missed you all.

Just read this thing about the spammers. I will never understand why someone would join a forum they don't have interest in just to trash it.

If you really want to know....I'll tell you.

In a word (well, 3 words) PAY PER CLICK (or, better known as PPC)

Certain web sites (mostly sites that sell something) will pay you for every person that you direct to their site (they pay more if the person actually buys something). It's fractions of a cent per click but it can ad up.

It's the idea behind banners on some web sites and phone apps.

So, let's say that I, as a computer programmer and a coder want to make money in PPC. But, I don't want to do it the long way with banners and legitimate means. I just want to generate clicks

So, I write an application (actually, many people would call it a virus) that goes to forums (by list or at random) and makes a post that has a link to one of my advertisers sites.

I send this little application/virus out on the internet and like a spider, it crawls all through the web. Logging onto forums and leaving posts with links to my advertiser's sites.

A well written app like that might make 10 or 15 million posts before it runs it's course.

If only 1% of those people actually click on one of my links.... how many PPC's to I have.

See why they do it?

And, think about it... how many people here actually clicked on one of those links before really thinking? I'll bet there's more than a few. LOL

It's all about money. Isn't it always. :(

Here's a link for more reading if interested.... http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2013/01/09/ppc-faq-for-beginners

I never click on the spam links. Another reason I give them red rep is to hopefully keep other members from accidentally doing it.

I never heard before about spam links:/ thats why i clicked on it.

oh boy what a waste

You got that right zem.

The bot is still logged on. LOL

Odd that the bot didn't give itself moderator privileges.

Question for one of the mods or any private forum member...... did the bot make any spam posts in the private forum?

attachment.php

The bot is still logged on. LOL

Odd that the bot didn't give itself moderator privileges.

Question for one of the mods or any private forum member...... did the bot make any spam posts in the private forum?

What private forum? LOL

Latest posts

Back