TED talk....Monsanto should be afraid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In his book, The Dragon's of Eden Carl Sagan suggests that aliens already are here, and they are fungi.

awesome! thanks rose, it's the first time that i see this guy. first time i heard of this revolutionary mushroom based pesticide "Tracer" it was being talked about by expert farmers around me like it were the magic pesticide, it turned out that tracer was only scraping the surface of these discoveries. I always thought that the answers were here under our nose, we only need more geniuses and less materialists, we can break through all of our problems. It's not only Monsanto who are afraid, I bet that the oil and energy companies are too. Let us hope they don't silence this guy before he reinvents ethanol

Great Rosebud. I watched about 1/2 of it and will save the rest for later.

Sounds good , but it was a nice infomercial for his products.

What were his products? Fungus? I missed he had products. weird.

I watched the video and listenened for phrases like "I developed" or "my patent". Then I googled Paul Stamet's products, he wants you to buy his products and be part of his save the word quest. It won't work unless you buy his products.
That is my thought on it anyway.

everyone is marketing himself and this doesn't matter. what matters is whether what he is marketing is good or not. I don't know about any of his other products, but the product Tracer, which is made by Dow Agro Chemicals, is getting great reviews from farmers who dont know what mycelium is, let alone the name Paul Stamets, and who are purely commercial growers aiming to make superior products at less cost. I don't get it, it seems like anyone aiming to do a profit is viewed as bad, when everyone, is out there, day in day out, thinking of ways to profit. I give credit to people who made billions of dollars from genius inventions, and those are the ones who deserve the rewards of being rich, and not the spoiled money hungry corporations who want to profit on the expense of nature

Exactly, if it is good for the world, his discovery of a very old substance, then let him profit. I think it is the best news I have heard for a while.

You mean best old news you have heard in a while lol.

Sounds good , but it was a nice infomercial for his products.

No it wasn't.

I watched the video and listenened for phrases like "I developed" or "my patent". Then I googled Paul Stamet's products, he wants you to buy his products and be part of his save the word quest. It won't work unless you buy his products.
That is my thought on it anyway.

Maybe you should have instead listened to the Actual Science behind the whole thing. He did develop it and he did patent it. So why should he not let you know that? He wants you to help save the world, that is not mutually exclusive to buying anything he sells.

I can think of actual places that sit you down and try and sell you a load of crap and then look for donations but we won't go there.

It was a great video for anyone who actually took the time to listen to the Science behind it all and just how much mycelium can help us and our Planet.

everyone is marketing himself and this doesn't matter. what matters is whether what he is marketing is good or not. I don't know about any of his other products, but the product Tracer, which is made by Dow Agro Chemicals, is getting great reviews from farmers who dont know what mycelium is, let alone the name Paul Stamets, and who are purely commercial growers aiming to make superior products at less cost. I don't get it, it seems like anyone aiming to do a profit is viewed as bad, when everyone, is out there, day in day out, thinking of ways to profit. I give credit to people who made billions of dollars from genius inventions, and those are the ones who deserve the rewards of being rich, and not the spoiled money hungry corporations who want to profit on the expense of nature

You might have used one of his products called MycoGrow. Or, check out the web site Fungi.com or, FungiPerfecti. He has been around for years, well before the internet. I first heard of MycoGrow in an ad in "Organic Gardening and Farming" in the mid 1970's.

IDK if he is marketing himself or not, but I DO know he was a respected authority and researcher over 30 years ago and it looks like all that work is paying off.

DD

I listened carefully , that is how I came to the conclusion it was an infomercial. Made no argument against the science.
Have you made your order yet? it won't work unless you hand over the cash.

You could say the same things about Ray Kurzweil. He invented a synthesizer back in the 70's. Wrote about the singularity and has a vitamin company. He believes in life extension and mechanical integration and has a map how to get there from here.

Mr1, What am I supposed to order? Something that is all over my back yard? I don't understand you how you came to the conclusion that you did.

If he would have just stuck to the science of it, which I like by the way, then I would not call it an infomercial but hey, I have nothing against him making money, that is just how I see it.
http://www.fungi.com/

If he would have just stuck to the science of it, which I like by the way, then I would not call it an infomercial but hey, I have nothing against him making money, that is just how I see it.
http://www.fungi.com/

Not sure what the hell video you watched, but the one Rose linked to is 18 minutes of science. There are not even links on the page to buy anything from him. If you went and Googled him and got products then congratulations...you just used the internet to shop. None of that has crap to do with the video Rose posted or the science that was in it.

Just my opinion Hamster don't get upset.

Latest posts

Back