new and wondering about drug testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koda1820

Reaction score
I am from Missouri. I am 23 yrs old and get headaches all the time. I get ulcers from all the meds I take. I decided to try smoking I have smoked 4 times in the Last month. Most I've ever smoked was 4 hits off a little pipe. Not enough to do much but take the edge off. Well curious if I have to take a drug test how long would it take for my system to be clean. I am speaking of a regular urine test. I am looking to get hired at a new place of business and am a little concerned they may do a drug test and am wanting to plan ahead if they do. Thank you all for the help.

I wish i knew the answer to that. 4 hits in a month, you wouldn't think would register...but I don't know. I just wanted to say welcome, and good luck.

Welcome to MP. Not positive but I would think 30 days to be on the safe side. Probably less depending on your metabolism and activity level. You can get synthetic urine quite easily and use that.

+1 on the synthetic urine. I have used it, my wife keeps a bottle on her at all times, I have friends who now use them regularly after they saw me pass my DT. QuickFix....it's awesome!

My son just used "magnum" and it worked like a charm. I used to get piss test all the time, its hard to pass if you smoke. I've heard the "quick fix" works well. You can find them pretty easy on line or at a head shop. My son got his at a gas station. Almost forgot, welcome to MP... :)

you can get a piss test at a drug store if you want to be sure you are clean before you get the actual test for work(regardless of what route you choose). anecdotal story - my brother-in-law used to sell me lousy weed before i grew myself and at one point i wondered if it was even real as the taste was really odd. i bought one of the tests at a cvs and sure enough, his crappy tasting weed was weed...

welcome to the garden.

I took a drug test from Walgreen last night and passed it the test is set at 50 whatever that means. If I passed that drug test should I be in the clear?

Think that info is actually correct . It been 10 days since I smoked and when I did it was only 3 little hits one days and 3 the next day.

not sure koda. wikipedia can be a crapshoot but the 50 nl/whatever though sounds right. hopefully they don't do the hair thing. good luck.

marijuana persists in your system more than other much heavier drugs like cocaine or heroin which usually stay 3 days whereas marijuana may stay more than a month. if you have smoked recently, there are ways to avoid positive testing, or speed up the process of flushing it from your system, like drinking water and working out etc... if you worry too much about drug testing, maybe just don't smoke or get a permit if you can or whatever. i find it cruel and harsh to make someone take drug testing

companies will not recognize permits from doctors and in 'merica, they don't have to since it is still a federal violation. like zem say, flush and flush some more and abstain from smoking for as long as possible before taking the test. it is bullshit but it is an employers right as the laws are now. it is dumb that you can get sh!tfaced on alcohol the night before a drug test and pas that test but if you smoke a small amount of doubage a week or more before, you could be denied a job...

Buy urine drug tests on Amazon. I've bought this 10-pack there for $7.75 twice now: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/INSTANT-Single-Panel-Drug-Test/dp/B004C37VV2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1414872929&sr=8-4&keywords=urine+drug+tests[/ame]

I'm a daily smoker, and it took 35 days of no marijuana, plus a lot of exercise and sweating, before I tested clean. It took my wife only 14 days. We're both in very good physical shape, but I weigh 200 lbs - near twice as much as she does.

I must respectfully disagree with the people here who have suggested synthetic urine or drug masking agents. Modern labs can bust those easy as pie. Now maybe the lab you'll be tested at is not a modern lab with the latest techniques. I don't know. But if they are, you'll get busted. The last pee test I took was rejected because they said I had too much liquid in my pee, and not enough particulate for an accurate test. The lab was a new, state-of-the-art lab with sophisticated drug tests. I was re-tested the next day and passed. But if they detect making agents or synthetic urine, you'll fail and they will not re-test you.

The only way to be assured of testing clean in this day of modern science is to use clean pee - yours, or someone else's. But of course, you have to worry about temperature of the pee if you use someone else's. And you have to worry about whether they recently used drugs.

Good luck.

If it's a federal drug test, like a DOT test, it's def. a crap shoot as to weather or not you get caught for cheating. Their test are a little more serious than say a test to work at MickeyD's. The synthetic stuff works fine for those. I have also heard people pass the federal one's with synthetic stuff, but i don't know anyone personally so I can't say it works for those or not. When's the test? :)

Test is on Monday and it's through a mercy lab which I believe is quest diagnostics.

For as little as you smoke, I would think you would be safe in just a few weeks. Have you tried testing yourself again? I

I've done three at home tests even first thing in the am and passed them all. But they only test at 50ng.

That's what most test aim at. Anything 50ng or over is a fail. I think you'll be fine if you haven't smoked for a few weeks. Usually any test that their real serious about they do the hair test. That ones a lot harder to pass. Good luck Koda, not that I think you'll need it. :)

It'll be 2 weeks on Monday. But I hatdly smoked at all. I am still nervous though.

The last drug test I took they measured me at 54ng's and I had been smoking pretty much every day at least half a joint a day. I have also passed after taking a few hits off a joint and 6 days later got tested. That's when I didn't smoke hardly ever. I was sweating bullets that time. I got caught one time and the guy called my house and asked me if I knew why I tested positive, and I told him that I had gotten drunk that passed weekend at a party and had taken a few hits off of a joint and that it was a mistake and all that and he went ahead and passed me. So they will call your house if you fail. Try not to sweat it too much.

Latest posts

Back