Gophers/moles got my roots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepfriedNugs

Reaction score
Went to flush with molasses water and the water disappeared way too fast. Looked closer and there's a big hole directly underneath the roots and main stalk. Some leaves are stating to yellow but she's still kicking. Was planning on harvest next week. Hopefully she will make it till then.

That stinks, she's probably fine...just let her finish the whole way.

If you're not organic, using molasses won't work....you don't have any microbes in your soil.

DGN, next year you may want to plant in chicken wire cages.

That stinks, she's probably fine...just let her finish the whole way.

If you're not organic, using molasses won't work....you don't have any microbes in your soil.

Good to know. The only way I'd harvest early is if the plant was obviously dying.

put a hose in the hole and flood. he will not use that hole again then fill in. I get one in the greenhouse every year.

Checked on her today and leaves are droopy. No Bueno. The pistils are just starting to recede into the calyxes and I've got all cloudy with about 15% amber trichomes.

It's not quite where I want it as far as ripeness is concerned. But the roots are damaged pretty bad.

Do I pull her or is it any danger to try to water it and wait it out another few days?

If it is severe root damage I would pull her. I am sorry it is early but at least you have some amber... good luck.

That really sucks... the little creeps. My friend in cali has to plant everything in wire cages, roses, trees, etc. so sorry that happened to you.

That really sucks... the little creeps. My friend in cali has to plant everything in wire cages, roses, trees, etc. so sorry that happened to you.

It's not a total loss. I'll enjoy it I'm sure regardless. Besides I have 2 more in containers.

Latest posts

Back