baking with dabs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joken

Reaction score
If I made a box of Duncan Hines Brownies for example, how much 70% THC dabs should I put in it. I wouldn't want to incapacitate someone if they ate a whole brownie. One gram?

Let's start with decarboxylation before you make the dab so that the THCA is converted to THC. The standard in CO for edibles is 10mg of THC. I have a huge tolerance and 100mg gets me where I want to be. So maybe 1/2 gram for a dozen brownies.

Oh my, I'm like a ten gram a box guy and I use Sunflower Lecithin as an emulsifier...I'm with you Umbra, it takes a good kick to get me going too ;)

I'm on the high tolerance bandwagon as well. Kraven, are you saying 10 grams of bho/rosin/oil/whatever concentrate per box of brownies?

Or does the % depend on the concentration of thc in the bho/rosil/oil/whatever?

Thanks guys. I could never get this edible thing down. what never seems to get me anywhere, just floors everyone else for 2 days.

I have a few grams of rosin I have been wanting to try in edibles.

Hackerman, yeah, me too. I am sure that the % is important--it only stands to reason that something 50% is not going to get you as high as something 70%. However unless you have purchased it from a dispensary or had it tested, you don't really know the %. I am wanting to make the gummy recipe that lesso posted, but don't have 7 grams of kief right now. A 1/4 oz seems like a lot of kief, but I really know nothing about dosages. And like you guys, I am on the high end of the tolerance scale. But I want to make things that other people can enjoy without passing out in my living room. Dang I like marijuana being legal.

Someone in the know posted some averages here earlier. I can't remember the numbers off hand but he said, pot has an average... thc. BHO, has xx amount average, etc etc.

I'll see if I can dig up the post but the numbers sounded pretty solid at the time.

I recall him saying the bho/rosin type extracts were about 70-75% with post 'winterized' extracts being closer to 90%. If you read the claims from breeders, pot ranges from 15% - 20% for most strains. I'm not sure how they would rate hash with so many variables.

With my tolerance, the only edibles I'll attempt will be with rosin/bho. Every time I try hash or pot, I just end up wasting it or giving it away.

Based on this thread, I am going to pull off 1/10th gram of bho, decarb it and swallow it with a little liquid. It's hard to get it to mix with anything. LOL

EDIT: Wait a minute.... no way. LOL I just cut a little sliver off the edge of a 3 gram bho blob. The tiny sliver was .2 grams. No way something this small is going to get me high (unless it has a picture of Mr Natural on it) LOL I split it into 2 pieces 1/10 gram each and I have them in the oven right now at 240F for 40 minutes. I made a nice little 'cup' in the foil in hopes it won't run all over the foil if it melts. Will bho/rosin melt at 240F? I'll bet it will.

I'll let you know if 40 minutes. LOL

I use 240 to make rosin from flowers. Vape temp for THC is 390 ish, but I bet terpenes come off at a lower temp.

240F is perfect for rosin from flowers. 200 or 210 just doesn't give the yield and any hotter definitely burns it.

240F for 40 min is pretty standard for decarbing weed, isn't it? I figure the same for hash or rosin.

Foil was definitely a bad idea. It did melt but fortunately, it stayed in the little 'cup', mostly.

One went back into the oven with a couple drops of olive oil. Maybe that will lift it off the foil. The other is in the fridge. If heat doesn't do it, maybe cold will. LOL

the lecithin Kraven mentioned makes a huge difference in body absorption

I have some sunflower lecithin. I forgot to use it. LOL The olive oil worked out better than I expected. The 2 merged together a little and then a tiny piece of bread wiped it clean from the foil.

Sure is nice to not have to deal with the taste. One bite and it's done.

In a couple hours, I'll check on the one that's in the fridge. I'll mix that one in with a little butter or oil and a tiny bit of the lechithin.

OK, the one in the fridge popped right off the foil.

I mixed it with a 1/2 tsp of butter and a 1/2 tsp of sunflower lecithin. I put it in the over at 200F for a couple minutes to melt everything. The rosin mixed in very nicely with the butter and the lecithin. I little bread to sop it up and.... yummy yummy yummy. LOL

A couple vodka and cranberry juice to wash it down and...... we'll see.

Oh well, I guess I should have known it was too good to be true. LOL Maybe I'll try a 1/4 gram or half gram next time.

I am thinking about trying something different. Instead of putting the rosin on foil and putting it in the oven at 240F for 40 to decarb it.

I am thinking about taking a tablespoon of oil or butter and putting it in a tiny glass bowl along with the rosin (I'll try a 1/4 gram of rosin to a TBS of butter) and putting them both into the oven at 240F for 40 or 50 minutes.

The butter smoke point is 350F so it shouldn't burn but do you think the butter will interfere with the proper decarboxilization of the rosin?

I am thinking about trying something different. Instead of putting the rosin on foil and putting it in the oven at 240F for 40 to decarb it.

I am thinking about taking a tablespoon of oil or butter and putting it in a tiny glass bowl along with the rosin (I'll try a 1/4 gram of rosin to a TBS of butter) and putting them both into the oven at 240F for 40 or 50 minutes.

The butter smoke point is 350F so it shouldn't burn but do you think the butter will interfere with the proper decarboxilization of the rosin?

I have decarbed hash in butter/oil on the stove top with a double boiler before. I havent done it in the oven and i didnt pay attention to the temperature either.

I personally like to decarb with nothing added. THCA is water soluble. So, if whatever you are decarbing with has any water in it, you could potentially lose all the THCA that you are trying to turn into THC.

I love this thread. Hackerman, never leave us. LOL

:D :heart:

I personally like to decarb with nothing added. THCA is water soluble. So, if whatever you are decarbing with has any water in it, you could potentially lose all the THCA that you are trying to turn into THC.

That's a good point. It's just that it's hard to decard such small amounts like a half or quarter gram of rosin or bho. It's just a little spot on the foil. LOL I was hoping a little oil or butter might increase the bulk enough to make it more manageable.

Oh my, I'm like a ten gram a box guy and I use Sunflower Lecithin as an emulsifier...I'm with you Umbra, it takes a good kick to get me going too ;)

I have some questions on using lecithin. I have sunflower lecithin that I used in the topicals that I made. I have not used it in edibles. So, when adding lecithin, how much should you add for edibles? Does it affect the taste or consistency? I am wanting to make up a batch of the gummy bears.

I have some questions on using lecithin. I have sunflower lecithin that I used in the topicals that I made. I have not used it in edibles. So, when adding lecithin, how much should you add for edibles? Does it affect the taste or consistency? I am wanting to make up a batch of the gummy bears.
I have used a half tbs of sunflower lecithin in that recipe. It didnt change the taste or consistency. It did make the effects come on a lot quicker.

Latest posts

Back