when to switch nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my my

Reaction score
I am running some fem auto ak-47''s... in hydro.
When should i flip nutes from Veg. to flower?

Thanks for some help folks!

My My

Good question my friend...I would say as soon as flowering begins..Im new with autos though and would wait for those that grow them consistantly to chime in...I would recomend you PM 20/4..that member grows autos..take care and be safe:bolt;:bong:

ive been told by stitch and tring it out now with good results. You want to feed veg nuts from week 2.5 to week 5 then at the start of week 5 switch flower nutes till the 8th week or till you want to start flushing

Thanks 4, will do!

Doc, if you have time, i would love you to take a look at my grow journal.
I germed my seeds in the rockwool cubes in the netpots in my rdwc set up. the seeds POPed on the 5th of jan. that makes them 4 weeks and a day old. i have the ppm up to 1250 veg right now,a nd they seem like they are loving it. so the start of week 5, would have been yesterday then, (on there birthday, 4 weeks old).
sounds like i should change my res. this weekend and switch over to flower nutes then!:)
My My

I always switch to bloom nutes the second my girls are sexed.
go with 1/3rd then move up to 2/3rd then full by 3rd week.

Those auto Ak's must be vigorous, i havent grown any autos yet that i can get passed 900ppm without starting to really burn em.

mymy,
Hope you have sufficient odor control. Grew out a small batch last yr, and the odor was the hardest to control of any grow yet. Don't get me wrong, I loved the smell, but I could smell it everywhere. Worried that folks outside could smell it!!!
Cheers.

gchristo,
i am out in the country,So the sme11 isn't a issue in the winter time for me,
now come summer when we have company is different story,
by then i wi11 be redoing my x/haust ducting so that it goes up and vents about 25 feet in the air,

Thanks!
My My

what do you do if your electricy goes out and your fan stops working , and the smell starts to linger

I have been lucky this grow i guess.
No power outages..
But i would enjoy the Stink coming from the girls!
BTW, they are doing well, and are Huge, kinda like bushes. and are 28-34 inchs tall now.

I don't grow autos anymore but when I did I didn't feed them till they showed sex and then it was bloom nutrients that they got fed. Their veg time is so small I never bothered feeding them veg nutrients.jmo

I would have to look at my notes to be sure. But i think i let them go for 1-2 weeks before i started to feed Veg nutes. then im sure i feed them veg nutes for about 2 weeks before i ended up with Flower nutes. I think it was at about 5 weeks, when i went to flower nutes.
I bought 5 fem. auto ak47 X Lowrider beans, and 4 of them are whats in my garden at the moment.. So i still have the one bean left yet.
I am currently building a veg room 32 inchs X 5 ft. I picked up a 8 bulb t-5 4 foot fixture set up yesterday..
As i would like to find a Good mother, And try my hand with Clones.
My My

next grow ill only feed veg nutes for a week or 2, my onyx and auto assassin came out to leafy and fluffy this time when i feed veg til 5.5 weeks

The last hydro grow I did with autos, Snowryder and Onyx, in DWC. I fed veg nutes until right about 4 weeks and then changed the rez to bloom nutes. I never got them much over 1000 ppm though and thats about what they seemed to like. My ppm stayed pretty consistent as they used the nutes at about the same rate as the water. That was that strain though, everything is dfferent. I will say that hydro rocks for autos. I harvested 13 oz. dry off 3 plants under a 400 HPS. If you are using GH nutes, there's plenty of N in the micro to keep them growing nice and green during flower.

when veg plants get big , do you hit them with flower nutes before putting them into flower, thanks for any resposes to this

Harley, Welcome abaord!
my little experience and alot of reading here and 1 other grow site.
Seems ona **NON** Auto plant, most seem to still give Veg nutes for the first week when they turn the lights to 12/12.
I'm sure not everyone does it for just 1 week, but seems *most* go the 1 week.

I think i switched out at right about 5 weeks on these AK47 X Lowrider Fem. auto's
I'd have to look threw the journal, or my notes to tell you for sure.

AkHockey,,, Wow 13Z's from 3 girls!
hot Dog! Lowlife said that these ave. 12-18 inchs in height, and ave. harvest i think is 1 oz. per plant.
I ran a homebuilt rdwc set up with 4 girls. the shortest girls is right around 24 inchs or so, and the **runt** is currently aprox. 34 inchs tall...
So it would be cool, to end up with more then 4 oz's...
But hey, im just Happy as a pig in Poo, that my girls are still alive!! lol
My My

Yes indeed there used to be pics on here to prove it but they died with the crash.

Latest posts

Back