switched from ro water to distilled water and what a difference & a ? regardin sc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad

Legalize it in U.S.A.
Reaction score
i've decided to combine these 2 ?'s in one thread

I had been waterin my babies with ro water and i had a problem with my leaves drooping down so yesterday i decided to buy some distilled water and i laced it up with some ionic grow at 1/4 strength.i checked em today and all my leaves have picked up and they now are all looking healthy as ever.has anybody else ever had this problem after usin ro water? (im using coco in a cup with drain holes in the bottom so i know it wasnt over watering)

i have been running my fan on my babies for 15 minute intervals...i went to supercrop my plants today and the stems were hard as a rock,i dont have long nails so i tryed squeezing them just using my finger tips with no success,anybody got any tips for me as far as getting these babies supercropped? i've never seen any babies with such hard stems. i was gonna bust out the plyers but didnt wanna damage my plants..what do ya guys think?

:ignore: pliers you can use just takes a lil gettin use to. this might not pertain to plants but i dont see y not. when i use ro h2o in my reef tanks it has to be re-mineralized with additives & blah blah blah, or the straight ro h2o will actually (over time) start to pull calcium & other essential minerals from coral & kill it! as well as crash ph (saltwater ph +/-8). ive been useing distilled all the time so dont know. sounds like a bagseed experiment.:ignore:

I think that it was the nutes that made the plants perk up. RO water should be close to distilled water in the absence of dissolved solids. Have you checked the ppm of your RO water?

honestly,all i have for testin my ph right now is some ph test strips i picked up from my local hydroponic shop. the distilled water had a ph level of like 5 almost 6,the ro water i was gettin had a ph level of 6-7,i dont know if them are for sure readings though.these plants im talking about are my freebie seeds from the boutique,but it was probably the ph...either way though,i think im gonna stick with usin distilled water. i dont think it was a lack of nutes,due to the fact theyre only a couple weeks old and i started em with a 1/2 of a 1/4 teaspooon of ionic and couple baby drops of superthrive.theyre doin alright now though,i was surprised how early theyre startin to have a scent to em.(theyre skunk #1 x haze) so yea,theyre ok now,im getting ready to do a lil supercropping,FIMin to em.then,by the time theyre ready to get the light flipped,i'll have my new (2) 600 watters anyways,thanks for checkin out my thread and lending some help,its good to get replyed to after replyin to everybody elses threads. (its why i dont mind helpin out when i can) you never know when you'll be that person with a ? -peace my friends-

hello aurora dad hey what i use is one of those super small leathermen tools instead of pliers they have a small pair of scissors.i like them bcuz they are surgicaly sharp and small like i mentioned so very precise.i really like this way of cropping..imo

you dont want em to be sharb though do ya? your just tryin to pich the stem..not cut it..right??i guess i dont get why youd be cutting,rather than pinching?

Latest posts

Back