Dirt farming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there Joken :) What a nice grow you got there! it looks really neat, i will definitely be watching this, interested to know more about it like what type of feeding do you use? is that organic? it also looks like you are ready to cover them in a greenhouse for another harvest, how many harvests can you pick per year? I love greenhouses, got me one for veggies on my rooftop

LOVE this, i have been trying to get a small version of that for a couple of years. So nice... I will be watching... green mojo.

This grow is completely organic and my second grow. This is my former veggie garden plot and has had lots of compost over the years. We have lots of compost from grass, leaves, and a little cow manure. Last year I fed only Alaska fish fertilizer, and some sort of bloom fertilizer. Costco had a lot of certified organic 4-1-1 this spring and we bought a bunch of it. I am feeding compost tea with this 4-1-1 added to the mix. I'm not very scientific about my feeding, sorry. Last year we had 4 plants and got a little over 8 pounds. I don't know how good that is, but lots of trimming.:) I'll post more pictures along the way. Ken in Oregon

Yahooo...Nice Joken, love it....the fence that you are using for cages....how's it work for you? I need to do something soon with mine...what kind of fence is it?
Really like the idea....:)

Sounds like you had a nice harvest last yr. Dang Bro,,,getter done. Yehaaaaaaaaa

Yahooo...Nice Joken, love it....the fence that you are using for cages....how's it work for you? I need to do something soon with mine...what kind of fence is it?
Really like the idea....:)

It's standard field fencing. We have lots of bamboo and I use it too. I may be over thinking it though. The large mesh netting draped over a plant looks a lot easier and less $$. Here is last years

View attachment pot1.jpg

Very nice Little Brother. They looked very healthy too.

Beautiful. We use plastic netting attached to the top of our cage. Your area looks so neat and clean. Again, beautiful.

well done Ken. I will pull up the bean bag nice and close for this one.

thanks fir sharing

:48:

I have put fencing circles around my plants like you have to keep my dogs from plowing over the plants. I was left with a lot of bamboo stakes by the previous owners. I am seeing how I can utilize them.

Beautiful plants and I am jealous of your green house. Great job!

Very nice, and I'm VERY envious. Oh and you are right. The netting is great outdoor support.

Here it this mornings picture. Today is the 11th day since my original post on this thread. It's a beautiful morning and the first thing I do every day is go have a cup of coffee in the garden. I pruned them a lot about four days ago and it sure doesn't look like it now. There is some sort of magic associated with growing these plants that makes me OCD. Life is good my friends.

View attachment July 20.JPG

Looks like some kind of orchard down and to the right. Is it?
i am so jealous . Those plants look awesome.

Nope...doesn't get any better than that...curious. ....what do you achieve by using the fencing....and whats the skinny on the geenhouse...more than 1 seasonal grow...sheltar...how bout the specs on that greenhouse it looks like something a knucklehead like me might be able to put together....thanks for sharing. ...you got a the green MOJO man

Yeah orange, I am liking the greenhouse structure, too.

Joken, I have always said that while cannabis is not addictive, this growing thing can be. I think we all get a little OCD when it comes tor plants. Your plants are just beautiful!

I use the fencing to support my plants when they get heavy with buds. Look at the previous picture of last years grow. The PVC green house if you will, will be used to keep the rain out of the buds this fall. We are in Oregon and it rains here :) My neighbor has a lot of apple trees and that is the orchard you are seeing. The green house is just rebar driven into the ground and I slip the PVC over it. One stick of pipe.20' will make a hoop about 10 feet wide and 9' high. I used 1 1/4" for most of the hoops. Zip ties and lots of pipe and it's done. I'll have to get the plastic on in a few weeks. Thanks for the kind comments. Ken

Latest posts

Back