Good size grow box for 12 Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I want to know what is a good size Grow Box for 12 mature plants and what wattage of lights and how many? HPS or T-5
The reason is that I am trying to get my wife her MMJ Card and we need a BIGGER Grow Box.

The Box I have is 7 h x 4 x 4 and have the room to make it Bigger..
Beside I have a very Good Landlord Friend that will help me with the
cost..;)

I use a 5 Foot high growbox 2.5 feet wide by 5 feet long. She houses 8 mature plants fairly well, though I wish I made mine 7 feet like yours... I think If you add another foot to the length and width that you should be just fine. (just to be clear I mean 5x5x7) That should be good for your 12 plant needs, but shoot, while your at it, why not make the room as big as ya can? With a nice 7 foot ceiling on that box you could run a nice 1000 watt HPS/MH light. Get one with a switchable ballast so you can change MH for veg and HPS for flower. Make sure you get a nice hood for the light that you can hook up to an exhaust system, cause HPS heats up enclosed spaces fast... Well goosd luck with your wifes MMJ card!

I am in the process of drawing up a schematic of how I want this grow room.
Size of shed is142 inches wide 85 in height not to the peak, there is a bar as a cross member (truss) that 69inches long, side walls are 6 feet in height and about 7 feet deep, with a 3.5x4 veggie room on the left side I'll leave that the same size or make a little wider and longer.
I also need room to put 2 - 5 gal buckets with a small hose for watering set-up, instead of carrying jugs of water from outside to inside.

Here a drawing pix of what I have roughly, I just did it, to give u a idea of the shed size. What I got is just find for 6 plants but what the MMJ Doctor gave me to grow, well even the new grow room won't be Big enough for 75 plants :hubba: Outside growing next yr going to be fun.

View attachment Grow room.bmp

Latest posts

Back