My first hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most people have their pH drift up rather than down. However, you might want to start it even a bit lower. I like to start about 5.5 and then let it drift up. Mn is not even available to the plant at all at 5.7.

They do drift up if "the drift" is being done properly. If you start drifting down (fast over 24 hours) then the plant is not eating, most likely things are working on locking out and your food is too high and needs to be lowered. If it drifts up too fast, then your plant is hungry and you need to bring your PPM's up.

Drifting up is good.. drifting down, not so good. 5.7 should be a good start point if your PPM's are on point and your plant is eating :aok:

*disclaimer*
This is all my humble opinion :D

10-4 guys!! thanks so much, I will be posting pics again tonight, things have exploded overnight with the rez change.

Beans just came in! Thoughts on which to try first?

I was thinking 2 Afgooey/2 Bubba Kush (4 is most I can run)

I also have :

Lemon Diesel (reg) x 2
Super skunk (fem) x 2

Wow, changed the rez sunday PH to 5.7

Today PH is at 6.4!!!! I guess that is a sign the plants have the munchies???

Yesterday PH was at 5.9

Got ya, so at this point I should just maintain ppm's at the original level I filled rez with, then readjust ph as needed?

What if the ppm has not changed? just PH as needed? or is that not possible given the nutrients are being eaten

Why else would the PH climb?

PH is at 5.7 now and 810 PPM, was 5.9 and 850 yesterday. (I added a bit of ph down) no nutes

Ph sitting at 5.6 now, 790 PPM. Girls are looking very short and stocky...the way i need them to be in my smaller tent (5' H)

Got my afgooey and bubba kush in rockwool as we speak, ph'd to 5.5.

Gonna move those two into the big tent and take clones from each of them, I got like 13 seeds, but I am trying to not use them if I dont have to.

FYI, making a bubble cloner from stuff you can get from wally world is freaking easy.....thats my project this weekend....got all the mats I need.....cost me 37$ The air pump was the most costly item, just using a cheap aquarium pump with some nice airstones

Stupid question alert:

So with this bubble cloner I am using 2" net pots, when I transfer them to veg...can I just put the 2" pot inside of my 8" pots and fill with pebbles around it?

Id hate to think what would happen if I try to get the roots out of the pebbles

Or should I use plugs instead? then put the plugs in the 8" pots then fill with pebbles.

Its just easier to make the cloner for mesh pots and not mess with plugs,etc

you can simply put the 2" netpot in the 8" net pot

I often put smaller net pots into larger ones.

thank you, for some reason this was something that I was racking my brain for a few days. I have a tendency to over complicate things....comes from running years of service calls.

As always you guys chip in when help is needed!

I often put smaller net pots into larger ones.

thank you, for some reason this was something that I was racking my brain for a few days. I have a tendency to over complicate things....comes from running years of service calls.

As always you guys chip in when help is needed!

Bwahahhaah, glad this was said! I too have been confused about this. lol

New 1000W lights just arrived!!

You know its a shame, I had over 4k watts worth of lights and ballasts my brother gave me, I thought I was covered and tested all the bulbs, etc....

Then I went to use them and the damn ballasts kept shutting off every 15 minutes, probably over heated for one reason or another....always spending money one way or another on this stuff, but its well worth it!

...I have a tendency to over complicate things....comes from running years of service calls.

I chuckled at this. Years of service calls have made me just the opposite. I look for the obvious most likely cause first and more often than not, the easiest most obvious solution is the correct one. You just get in trouble over-complicating things. Occam's razor generally applies. It has been interpreted in different ways, but basically....

"If you have two theories that both explain the observed facts, then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along"
"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations."
"If you have two equally likely solutions to a problem, choose the simplest."
"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."
. . .or in the only form that takes its own advice. . .
"Keep things simple!"

Updated 1997 by Sugihara Hiroshi.
Original by Phil Gibbs 1996

BTL: HEy bud, thanks for peeking in here, I will get pics up soon....problem is I cant use my phone as its a work phone, and well, the last thing I need is them to know what I am doing.

THG: Well put indeed. I have been doing HVAC for almost 17 years now, I dont over complicate things at work anymore.....but I think being in such a technical trade causes me to over analyze everything and anything that I am not 100% sure on. AFter 17 years, there is little that troubles me in the field anymore(don't mean to sound arrogant...im sure you understand)

Totally separate topic here.....thoughts on adding a mycrohyzine (S??) supplement to my rez? Orca makes a liquid one for hydro....but its damned expensive $40 for 16 oz

I am using superthrive and floranova 1-part nutes currently

Latest posts

Back