Hemp Goddess' Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, get a soil test this fall. they aren't real expensive or at least they weren't 25 years ago when i got one.:~) It is so worth it. If you got one this fall, you could add amendments in the very early spring or winter.

My original thought was to put raised beds in, but I just didn't get it done this spring. I may still go that way, although I do like the way the pots have performed.

I would love to plant in the ground, but my ground is just soo hard. Unless I removed huge amounts of native soil and replaced it with good dirt, planting in the ground is a no-go. It took me 2 days to dig a 20 foot trench to run some PVC water line and I only put that a foot underground. We rototilled the yard twice, but the ground just repacks when you walk on it. And we really didn't get down much further than 6".

My neighbor informed me just recently that he is getting a skid steer. I may be able to bring in and move serious amount of soil if he does. LOL--we didn't get into the moving dirt aspect, we were talking about moving snow if this winter is as bad as next.

I have the same problem with soil here. When I bought my house 30 years ago and planted all around it, it was a nightmare. A pick-ax was the only thing that would break the soil. A rototiller just bounced off the top. LOL

I'm sure.... a contributing factor to the way my back feels today, 30 years later. LOL

For our veg garden, we did raised beds. Also a pain but a lot easier than digging in the concrete soil. LOL

I have only 1 plant (My first) On my deck. I want to grow more next year,do any of you have deer around ? I have lots of deer so will I need to fence ?
Thanks
Jack

Action, I believe that all states require that the plants be fenced.

I have a 5 foot wire fence all around my property. The deer jump over it like I step over a rock. LOL

It's actually quite beautiful to see them do it. What strength and muscle. They stand right next to the fence, parallel to it and they just spring right over it, almost sideways. Pretty impressive.

Years ago we planted hostas all around the back of our property. The deer love them. Plus, it keeps them away from the hosts in the front yard. LOL

No problems with insects this year. I had read that foliar spraying helps keep insects away, so every time I made tea, I sprayed the plants.

Getting cold, but I am hoping that the Satori can go another 10 days to 2 weeks. I have taken some test buds from the purple plants and will start harvesting those. They are so purple
that they are almost black.

View attachment 20171011_153052.jpg

View attachment 20171011_175314.jpg

That purple is so pretty. I could see it in a wedding bouquet. LOL.. Your garden is amazing. I hope you can get two more weeks. I am so happy you have that garden in your back yard.

THG, that purple shoulda been entered in the BOTM... Very intense color there, very pretty!

Great looking plants, awesome buddage.

Careful of the freeze. Frost shouldn't hurt them much, if only for a couple hours overnight. I'm holding out on the Satori here as long as I can too. Two weeks tho, is way beyond what my climate will allow, unless we get a up spike in overnight temps....then there is rain.

Sometimes you have to take them with only cloudy. Outdoor, you watch the weatherman like a hawk.

The purps are oh so beautiful.

The temps were a huge concern. I knew they would not survive the frost we had predicted. So, I called my friend from Idaho to come help me. We (he, me, and my sister's buddy) worked our butts off yesterday and got a structure put up over the plants. Good thing, too. It was 27 last night. Tonight is supposed to be 26, 28 on Sun night and then temps will be back above freezing for awhile. So, I am hoping that I can give them a bit more time. We generally have beautiful weather through October here, but we do get some nights with frost. The purples are starting to turn, so I will be starting on harvesting them soon. I will send my buddy from Idaho home with a big cola (we just always have to figure a way for him to safely smuggle it back into the dark ages--Idaho). The Satori just needs to put on some more bulk. I generally take those with mostly clear trichs, but the buds just don't have the bulk they should. Tcbud, you may want to take some of that Satori/Haze before cloudy and give it a try.

2RedEyes, thank you. I am quite happy with the purps. Since these were a cross of Mel's Buck-eye Purple (last year my neighbor had a male he didn't get out of his garden), I didn't know how much of the purple color might carry through. I am very pleasantly surprised that the cross is as purple as the original. Truly, anyone who wants purple bud, should try Buck-eye Purple. So purple they are almost black. I take bad pictures--that pic really does not do the plant justice. While I would never purposely stress my plants to get purple, the Satori does get a nice purple to it from the cold--sometimes unavoidable.

Wow, THG. That looks incredible. Big, fat, purple buds...gotta love it.

Beautiful purples on those buds. Satori is a special strain.

Latest posts

Back