Will this get me off to a good start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

theyorker

To begin:

Sprout seeds by placing them between moist paper towels (well wrung out but still very damp) and place them in a sealed tupperware container and leave it someplace warm. Watch it every day and when a seed sprouts use a tweaser and place into a 4" pot of miracle grow soil about 1" deep. Place potted plant in a 3' x 2' tupperware container with lid turned upside down. Drill holes into top of lid and attach a Compact Flouresent Light so it hangs from the bottom of the lid. Place this on top of the container with a 70 watt agri bulb and let plants grow for 4 weeks.

How often do I "clip" the plant during this stage and can I use these clippings for anything? Also, what are some common mistakes that can be made during this stage? Thanks for the help so far.

Overwatering and overfeeding I'd say are the biggest problems ppl make. Those clippings could be used as clones that you could root so u could have more and more plants all the time... you'll want to know which plants are female first before doing that tho.

Can you tell the sex of the plant during this stage? I thought you couldn't tell the sex of the plant until it was moved to the flowering section of the box.

I can't tell the sex of the plant until I move it up to the flowering chamber right?

not nesassarliy, they can devolop pre flowers in veg stage.

and something you forgot to mention is AIR flow, also pick up a couple of small computer fans to keep fresh c02 coming in to the box. the higher the co2 intake that more photosythesis that takes place.

also if you are using MG soil make sure to give them NOTHING but water while in veg state, MG is packed with nutes that will last thru the veg stage.

I'm going to use Jungle dirt I saw at Lowes. It looks pretty natural and I won't use fertelizer until I move them to the top.

I bought a 34" x 20" x 22" storage container. I can fit 22 pots that are decent size on the bottom. When I use the top that is supposed to snap on air tight and flip the top over, it fits snuggly, but not air tight, over the plants sitting in the bottom of the container. I can then mount a 2' 12T ballist CFL light with 2 20 watt sun bulbs. This will be in my garage and I will be running a fan in that direction to keep the air circulating. To get me started this will be enough ventiliation, right? Also when should I start cropping the plants for a Sea of Green grow? And how do I know when the plants are ready to moved to the flowering area?

theyorker said:
I'm going to use Jungle dirt I saw at Lowes. It looks pretty natural and I won't use fertelizer until I move them to the top.

I bought a 34" x 20" x 22" storage container. I can fit 22 pots that are decent size on the bottom. When I use the top that is supposed to snap on air tight and flip the top over, it fits snuggly, but not air tight, over the plants sitting in the bottom of the container. I can then mount a 2' 12T ballist CFL light with 2 20 watt sun bulbs. This will be in my garage and I will be running a fan in that direction to keep the air circulating. To get me started this will be enough ventiliation, right? Also when should I start cropping the plants for a Sea of Green grow? And how do I know when the plants are ready to moved to the flowering area?

You need to read around a lil more man.... it'll save you a lot of trouble... it sucks to always have to wait around for someone else to tell u what they do.

Latest posts

Back