Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOly crap Hemp. this is the scrog you started a little bit ago? damn im in.!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, there is very little growth under the screen. I have a 3" hole that has an empty net pot with hydrotron in it that I use to add nute solution. I think that if the scrog was in a larger space that I would still be able to lift the screen off. However, I really have things squished up in there. This is really an experiment designed to kind of show how much we could do with a small space (2 x 2 x 4), a DIY hydroponic setup, and 300W of really cheap HPS. This whole setup, including light could probably be put together by a good DIY person for about $100-130.

Thanks THG...you said if you had a larger space you would lift the screen off....How would you do this without pulling plants up? or does it not matter in HYDRO?..thanks and more pics please..:D

4u2sm0ke said:
Thanks THG...you said if you had a larger space you would lift the screen off....How would you do this without pulling plants up? or does it not matter in HYDRO?..thanks and more pics please..:D

i was wondering about this also

4u2sm0ke said:

Actually, I didn't word that very well. The screen is attached to the PVC framing that is attached to the lid of the reservoir. The PVC goes through the lid and has "legs" so that the whole assembly can stand by itself. If I lift the lid of the reservoir, I am picking up the lid, the screen, and the plants all in one.

It doesn't really look like they have grown a lot the last couple of weeks, but they have bulked up. Trichs are about 60% clear 40% cloudy.

mp 11-20 001 (2).jpg

mp 11-20 012 (2).jpg

mp 11-20 014 (2).jpg

mp 11-20 009 (2).jpg

Looks awesome for the amount of money and space that is spent.
What kind of ventilation do you have going for you?
I definetely want to try SCROG'ing my plants now.

This is a Satori grow. It adapted very well to scrog. This is being ventilated with a single computer fan. I have the lights in a cool tube so that I could air cool the lights, but they simply do not generate enough heat to have to do that. So, I have a small oscillating fan in there. There is a passive inlet and a computer fan on the exhaust.

This is set up in a space about 21 x 28 x 48. I still have another 6" of height yet. This is a set up that should adapt well to a variety of places. I was thinking that an old freezer could be an ideal grow chamber. Everyone is used to old fridges and freezers making fan type noise. Or you could just box off a section of closet, which is what I did. This is actually the space I generally use for vegging, but it worked really well for this scrog.

Damn, Very nice. Thanx for all the ideas and information. What type hydro set up you running for you not to have no more money than that in it?

hemp goddess your scrog is looking real good. so can you only do this for hydro or can you also do this in soil?

jmathews said:
Damn, Very nice. Thanx for all the ideas and information. What type hydro set up you running for you not to have no more money than that in it?

DWC--it is about the easiest cheapest hydro there is. It takes a reservoir, an air pump, some 1/8" tubing and a couple of air stones.

Latest posts

Back