Leaves curling up with pic..HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
Using Ionic grow @ 1/2 strength..Ph is okay between 5.6-5.8 under cfls...
Please...suggestions, Ideas..diagnosis?

curling.jpg

okay I had some light getting into the bucket and I just noticed that the water was GREEN:eek: I know, Iknow... no light in the res.:rolleyes: Just been lazy..

So do you guys think that would cause this? I hope thats all the problem is..or was... Thoughts?

the humidity looks a lil low init could that cause it

and heat

the lamp might be close

Whoa that is looking bad. I don't know what it is but keeping the water free of algae should help.

masterlow said:
the humidity looks a lil low init could that cause it

and heat

the lamp might be close

Not the light.. Not the heat.. My humidifier is off for a break, and NO algea is not good for hydro...thanks though.

I still think it is the algae in the water. Algae needs oxygen and co2 and all your nutes and is absorbing that before your plant can making the water stagnate. Maybe, but that is what I think.because you know your stuff so it has to be something simple.

pcduck said:
I still think it is the algae in the water. Algae needs oxygen and co2 and all your nutes and is absorbing that before your plant can making the water stagnate. Maybe, but that is what I think.because you know your stuff so it has to be something simple.

I hope that's all, but I changed the water out lastnight and covered the light leaks.. this morning there is no improvement... and Im sure by now you know how fast things change in DWC.. I appreciate ya PC..:D

Growdude said:
That looks like classic heat stress, move that thermometer up at the top of the plant.

Notice how it worse at the top and gets better at the bottom.

you know.. my humidifier was sitting beside the buckets and when I checked the res temp yesterday it was almost 80*.. so I removed the humidifier and it brought the res down to 74*.. I think it will also lower the overall room temp too.. I hope youre right growdude! thanks man.

Hey turkey. I'm using Ionic as well. I noticed with the last 4 that the curling is too much ionic. I cut it down to a quarter solution till I got 4 branches high then half strength for 2 more weeks. Then full after that.
The other thing I had to do withDWC is that the air stone needed to be one of thos 3" ones to airate the water enough.
Also veg for 4 weeks under flours befor switching to HID lights.
I did this on the last 3 in my f1 thread and didn't have the problem..
Hope it helps
Gobble gobble

Oh ya. When you switch to Boost/bloom. Watch your ph. I had to ph down when using Grow. When I switched to B/B it was spot on with no Ph up or down

TURKEYNECK said:
Right now it's 84... Im sure it was higher with the humiidifier running though.
Humidity is currently at 30%

84 is high, but not that high to cause that much curling... It looks as the algae was useing all the nutes and the plant is giting nothing. I know DWC shows fast but with the algae taking all the nutes, it will take a few days to recover :) Another sign that it was algae is it looks yellow ;)

Forgot just add a few cups of water or a big cup of water to raise the humidity. You should get the humodity around 40%

Well turkey. Has the problem been resolved? What was it?

Latest posts

Back