solarz ORGANIC galaxy...warlock, speed queen, satori and a light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solarz

Reaction score
Whats up MarP...i finally decided to throw up a log of my current grow. I'm starting it a bit late as i'm already into flower...but i figure we can ride the rest of it out together ;)

Here's the run down...

My set up
I'm running an air cooled 600w HPS in a 5ft(wide) x 3ft(deep) x 10ft(high), but i'm currently running with the light about 5 ft from the bottom of the closet. I'm using a 500cfm (rated) inline duct fan to pull air through the hood, to cool the light. I'm also running an active intake/exhaust with some window fans that i rigged up (i'll try to get a couple of pics of it). I also have the inside of the closet lined with panda film.

The genetics
I'm currently growing Mandala's Satori, Speed Queen, and i just pulled an 8 Miles High male tonight. I'm also running Magus Genetics Warlock. I currently have the mandala plants in 4 gal trash cans, with the warlock lady being in a 5 gal bucket. I'm using the MassP concept w/o the coco, which i'll describe below.

The soil
I'm using trash cans/buckets that have one hole in them about 2 inches from the bottom of the container. I have filled the bottom of the containers with perlite, mixing about 2tbs of dolomite lime with this. I then filled the rest of the container with an organicly amended "soilles mix".
Base mix
6 parts local sunshine mix: 2 parts earth worm castings (EWC): 2 parts perlite

Amendments
(per gal of soil)
1/3c High N guano (10-3-1)
1/2c High P guano (.5-12-.2)
1tbs Greensand (0-1-5)
1tbs Kelp (1-0-4) i ran out of this and had to use ground up seaweed
2tbs Dolomote lime

I just mix all of the amendments per gallon of soil and them fill the rest of the container up with the amended mix.

Feeding/watering
I water EVERY watering with EWC tea. I'll explain how i brew/make my teas. For my EWC tea i first use 3 gals of H2O + 2 cups of EWC + 2tbs of black strap mollasses. I let this brew in a 5 gal bucket, w/ 20-60 gal air pump, for about 24hrs, stirring it as i pass it. Over the next 24 hrs i keep an eye/nose on the tea, to see how it looks and smells (a sweet, earthy smell will let you know your tea is doing its thing). I usually add about another 2-3 tbs of BSM to the tea and let it brew for another 24hrs. Once its brewed for about 48 hrs, i take the tea and mix it with about another 2 gals of H2O. At this time (right at the time of feeding) i mix in about 10-15tbs of Liquid Karma, stir and give to the ladies. I use my tap water left sitting for 24-48 hrs as my water source, as i've found that using straight RO causes a bit of a cal/mag issues, and rather than using epsom salts, i use my tap water which is @ about 300-350ppm.

The ladies

Warlock @ 22 days (taken 4/14)

WL-A-r.JPG

WL-B-r.JPG

WL-E-r.JPG

WL-2-r.JPG

WL-1-r.JPG

WL-6-r.JPG

WL-3-r.JPG

Speed Queen 1 @ 7 days:
I'm having a bit of an issue with this one...it started showing female pre-flowers VERY fast (the day of this pic), but unfortunately, i fell asleep and left the flower AND vegging tents both open and the flower tent was receive a little bit of lit from the veg tent for about an hour. This caused a few, what seem to be, male flower to appear. I plucked off the three that came up, which happend to all be on the side that was facing the light. I'm keeping this one in flower to see what comes of it, and it will eventually pull on out for the home team...or if go the other way. :hubba:

S.Q 1-A-r.JPG

S.Q 1-B-r.JPG

S.Q-C-r.JPG

S.Q-D-r.JPG

Just wanted to post an update, that just now at lights on...i have 2 confirmed Satori ladies!!! :headbang2::yay::banana:

I have also started to germinate 3 more 8miles high, 1 more speed queen (in case the one i already have in flower decides to full on hermie on me b/c of my lighting mistake), 1 more Satori, 2 safari mix, and 2 puerto rican heats. I have them on the cable box germing as i type and will check them out tomorrow.

The warlock is still looking strong and continuing to pack on the trichs. I took about 10 clones from this girl, and have them in the bubble cloner, which is about due for a water change. Hopefully by mid week, next week, i'll have some roots on those clones and can get them in the veg chamber. Once i fill the veg chamber with clones, i'll move the remaining 2 plants (1 Speed Queen and 1 8MH) over to the flower room to fill it out. Stay tuned, things are going to get very interesting.:cool:

solarz

As soon as I saw Satori in your thread, I am all in! I too am trying it. Mine look like yours, just a little shorter. Best of luck with it!

Latest posts

Back