doing everything i can.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
ok got powder mold on my plants from taking in a clone from a friend to help him out.i have sprayed alkaline water at 8.5 ph on the leaves .dropped humidity to 37% temp to 70 i have been using a product called greencure that is a fungicide contains potassium bicarbonate, great white a benificial bacteria &trichoderma .the mold is continuing to grow on my plants.what should i do now. room specs 1000 watt hps air cooled with carbon filter with 440 cfm exhaust fan floor space 5x6 foot ,8 foot tall.70 degrees 37% humidity.any help with be greatly appreciated.

my suggestion would be to get a sulphur burner/evaporator. i have never had PM but i know a couple people that have and they recommend the burner. if you have a hydro/garden supply shop near ya they will know the stuff. good luck.

Prevention
Powdery mildew is favored by dry atmospheric and growing conditions, moderate temperature, reduced light intensity, good nutrition and succulent plant growth. For this reason it can be a problem in protected growing areas such as greenhouses and indoor grow rooms on a year round scale. All mildew spores are spread via wind of air movement, and certain insects can also carry the disease. Unlike other fungal diseases, such as downy mildew, the powdery mildew spores don’t require a film of water to be present on the leaf surface to germinate and infect the plan tissue. Powdery mildew spores germinate best in a temperature range of around 72- 88F and in shaded areas of the crop, so it is more severe in closely planted crops. If the spores entering a new grow area make contact with a plant under conditions of reduced light intensity, a temperature of 72-88 F and absence of moisture then germination will occur within two hours, and infection will be two days later.
Cultural Control
With downy mildew which requires moisture (relative humidity of at least 95%) to develop, keeping the plants dry and the growing area well ventilated when conditions are cool will help prevent the disease. Since powdery mildew can infect the crop under dry conditions, it is more important to select resistant varieties, and make sure plants are well spaced. Often a major source of mildew infection can be from plants growers buy in from a nursery – these should be carefully checked for mildew and treated before they enter the greenhouse. Between crops, all surfaces of the growing area, beds and gullies should be disinfected with a strong bleach solution or with an anti-mildew fungicide to prevent the carry over of disease to the next crop.
Chemical Control
Researchers have found that powdery mildew fungus is vulnerable to sulfur. Sulfur works by ‘selective toxicity’ that is, it is more toxic to the parasite than to the host. Sulfur should not be applied to cantaloupes because they are sulfur sensitive. Cucumbers are somewhat sensitive to sulfur, gourds, pumpkins, squashes, watermelons and most other plant species are sulfur –tolerant. New on the market to combat sulfur is the “sulfur evaporator”. This item uses sulfur pellets which are evaporated with the heating element found inside the sulfur evaporator. Many rose and cucumber growers achieve control or prevention of mildew disease with application of silica based dusts or sprays. Silica gives a protective coat over the leaf surface and thus prevents the mildew spores from germinating and infecting the plant tissue. Sulfur sprays and dusts are also used, Special not: Don not use Sulfur 2 weeks before harvest on most fruit bearing plants. Sulfur can leave a residue on the fruit, making the fruit taste undesireable. For the control of downy mildew, copper compounds are effective. Use only approved products by your local department of agriculture.

Sulphur Burners - Your Best line of Defence against Powdery Mildew
Intended for greenhouse use, the sulphur evaporator is a great method for combating powdery mildew in the greenhouse or hobby greenhouse setting. They work on the principal of heating up and melting of rock sulphur, powder or flowers of sulphur at an ideal temperature that will completely and cleanly evaporate the sulphur without residue. Sulphur has been used for centuries for natural fungus and mildew control. Eadh sulphur evaporator will treat a 2600-3600 square feet. It is suggested that the sulphur evaporator be used as a preventative measure and should be used for half an hour each day or until tip burn is experienced-then reduce time. For example, if the sulphur evaporator is on for 10 minutes a day and tip burn is experienced then reduce time to 7-8 minutes or until tip burn does not occur.

cant use sulfur ,im 5 weeks into flowering.and half my plants are done friday.

i think Hippy in England has a remedy for it, some milk and something mixture if i am not mistaken. there has to be a thread on it somewhere around. if someone knows it could they post it. i will go looking too. good luck.

Yikes. Sucks man. Wish ya luck. Maybe sulphur burner next go around? Got pics?

found this....

Powdery Mildew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive seen a lot of people mention and worry about powdery mildew, so here is your solution

Powdery mildew is a serious plant disease that you can conquer organically with a simple, nontoxic solution of milk and water.

Brazilian scientist Wagner Bettiol was looking for a cheap way to control powdery mildew when he discovered that weekly sprays of milk controlled the growth of powdery mildew in zucchini just as effectively as toxic fungicides such as fenarimol or benomyl. And not only that, the milk spray boosted the plants' immune systems.

For decades, organic gardeners have been relying on a somewhat cumbersome spray of baking soda combined with a sticking agent—like oil or soap—to fight powdery mildew without poison. But Bettiol found that the super-easy concoction of nine parts water to one part milk slashed the severity of powdery mildew infection by 90 percent.

TIPS

Bettiol used raw milk straight from the cow, but other researchers have found store-bought skim milk to be equally effective.

Don't be tempted to go for better, faster results by increasing the ratio of milk to water. Bettiol found that using solutions with more than 30 percent milk caused a harmless fungus to grow on the plants.

Works great on MJ too

1 part skim milk 4 parts water

stolen from hie thread. i dunno what else to say but i hope ya get it kicked. good luck, happy growing.

Latest posts

Back