Transplant from the Islands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinHaYn

Reaction score
Aloha everyone, noob on the block just getting back into the scene of cultivating my own stock once again. Started back in the 70s when my brothers were returning from vietnam. Those were my teen years but learned allot from them from what they learned while abroad. Back in the day, late 70s into the 80s, we produced some of the most powerful stuff naturally from our volcanic rich soil which was truly amazing. Hence, Kona Gold, Maui Wowie etc. Well, I ended up joining the Nav myself and took a break from my hobby for 25 years (sheesh, time flies). Anyway, after countless surgeries due to combat related injuries and the occasional struggles of ptsd and tbi, I needed to get better naturally because the concoction of drugs the military doctors had me on turned me into a zombie and almost claimed another life, specifically mine. Now that I managed to rid myself of the poison they were feeding me for many years I'm returning to what I know would do a better job at managing my ills.
It's amazing how much has changed over the years since I last remembered and I'm hoping that I can rely on all of your excellent experiences and knowledge to bring me back up to date on the latest and greatest info. I doubt that I'd be able to add a whole lot to the discussions at hand but please don't count me out like the military doctors did, I'm known for proving people wrong. Happy New Year everyone, Mahalo /Peace

welcome aboard FlyinHaYn---thanks for serving and protecting our way of life in the good old usa---much has changed in the herb world since your last endeavor---lots of great info and members on this site---plenty of successful grows for any style you choose---you'll be hitting the ground running in no time

:48:

Welcome to MP, Flyin. We are glad you are here. I loved maui wowie... Yes, thank you for your service. I agree with you about the our beloved herb is much better medicine then most pharmaceuticals. Let us know how we can help.

Welcome to MP..nice to meet you. I think you will like it here.

Thanks guys. You all are always the best source when it comes to taking care of situations. I know, because I was once a silent member. Keeping my mouth closed and sponging (a little bit) but watching. Government is against me when it comes to natural substances other than what you are prescribed, if you know what I'm talking about... Trying to be silent . But after reading your post, I am convinced. BEST SITE / PAGE I've been to due to the responses
. Mahalo for the warm welcome guys, I really appreciate it.

Welcome to MP. We have a fair amount of us older folk here on the forum who remember the 60s and 70s well. I grow for a friend of mine, a disabled vet, who has problems relating to his service in Vietnam. I know that he tells me all the time how much the cannabis helps with everything.

And there is nothing like growing your own. Like mentioned, the game has changed drastically since you last grew--so much in fact, that you may be amazed. We have better everything now. I encourage you to do as much reading that you can. Not only as the years changed the way we grow, but we now know a lot more about the needs and wants of this amazing plant. The better set up your space is and the more you know and are able to utilize it, the better your harvest will be.

Over the years, I have found that it is a good idea to run any purchases you are contemplating by the members here. This will keep you from making buying errors or we may have a source for the same product at a better cost. Be aware though that this growing can become addictive...once you get "The Passion" you are hooked. I cannot imagine not having at least a small garden wherever I might be.

Latest posts

Back