Sativa grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
I just transplanted them in the 5 gal buckets and have the 400W MH lamp (& 400W ballast). they are in about 80% FFHG, 15% perlite, 5% coco fiber. I started germ 4/3/15, they sprouted 4/8/15, started veg about 4/15-16/15, we are here now 4/24/15, so they are roughly 1 week and 2-3 days in veg...and doing great so far...and I'm not using any nutes until flowering starts. But which nute do I use? Big bloom or tiger bloom?

ask questions if you want please!

View attachment WP_20150424_004.jpg

View attachment WP_20150424_003.jpg

I hope this isnt a stupid question, ,,but is there holes in those buckets?

I hope this isnt a stupid question, ,,but is there holes in those buckets?

Great question........ I don't see any catch pans on the wooden floor........ easy fix with a drill.

Yeah cause his soil looks good,,but ifen there aint any drain holes,,hes gonna be in trouble.

nah he doesnt look that novice lol i bet he worked his power drill and made plenty of holes in the bottom... come on johnny tell them that i'm right eh?

Yes each bucket has 8 holes... But that is another thing I need some type of catch tray

I got drip trays for the buckets...my next question is how much fan do I need on these plants?

6" exhaust centrifugal type with speed controller, and one 8-10" oscillating fan.
I would put them in growing pots or trays, not in paint or chemically exposed plastic, even when clean, mj is smoked hence the need to have food safe plastic. grow bags are cheap if cost is an issue, but it is worth doing it at this stage when you still can...jmo

I have fans on them, more of the question was how much ..wind? Maybe that's the word, like I have two fans on them now but I just didn't know how much fan to put them on like 24/7 or like alot of wind or a subtle amount just to moved the leaves around our I can turn them up and move the whole plants around... And I'm gonna take my chances with the buckets...ik I smoke the bud but Ive cleaned them to the fullest extent and let them sit and then washed again and sat so any type of anything that was left from chemicals should be gone...and I wiped down with just water in the end...I trust them...but thanks for your input I was thinking about getting grow bags but I just never got them but I got drip trays for the buckets...i will also be adding a plant to the deal.....

Does anyone know if bumble bees can or will be a problem in the future?

the plastic itself is not food safe contains plasticizers and lead that might leach into plants

I'd go with fans on all the time and until they get bigger I wouldn't point the fan straight at them............. just want good air movement all around them for now.......... when they get bigger you'll put the fans on them to make them get stronger stems for holding up big buds.

Yes but if you put fans on them while they are small then they grow a strong stalk during veg and also during flower...ive always kept fans on them little by little as they pop through the dirt the first couple of days...imo strong stalks in the beginning make a stronger plant after all to hold up the fruity buds

Last year I trimmed at the fourth node bc messed up and root bound but this year it's not root bound...so should I trim at the 5th or should I wait for the 6th

Last year I trimmed at the fourth node bc messed up and root bound but this year it's not root bound...so should I trim at the 5th or should I wait for the 6th

depends on strain and how big an area you have to grow in

Latest posts

Back