My Green Dragon is not breathing fire....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
Yesterday I made a small batch of green dragon using an indica and everclear and I cannot even get a small buzz from it.
It's a small batch but here is what I used. 10 grams of bud (Buddha Cheese) and 6 oz of everclear. I dcarbed the bud at 240 for about 50 minutes then put it in a small mason jar and added the 6 oz of everclear. Then I cooked it maintaining 170 deg in a water bath for 20 minutes.
I tried a couple mili liters under my tongue which is the method I had read about and other than the burn from the everclear I got nothing. My decarb method and the pot, was exactly the same as what I used for a recent batch of cannabutter that turned out great except I don't much care for the taste of cannabutter so I thought I'd try something else.
Anyway, do you see anything wrong with my recipe? Today I'm putting it back into the water bath to try and concentrate it a bit. I ended up with about 4 oz so I'm going to try and cook it to about half that much.
TIA.....

View attachment IMG_7819.jpg

big difference between green dragon and a tincture. green dragon is meant to be drank in a shot glass and tincture is meant to be drops under the tongue. I decarb the weed then make dry ice hash from it. I add about 7 grams of kief to about 3 oz of 190% organic grape alcohol.
when my oldest son was in college, a few of his frat bros spent Christmas with us and they made up this drinking game. Eat 1 of my ghost peppers and when the heat is overwhelming, drink a shot of green dragon. made for an interesting game.

I basically followed this recipe
Except for the decarboxylation and I did that as I have done in the past with good results.
According to this, one ml under the tongue should get a result. I did two and nothing. I cooked it down and will give it a try later. If that doesn't do it, I'll forget about that kinda tincture.

Not sure I would trust any article that says you can decarb cannabis is 4-5 minutes. Also I just don't think that 1/8 oz of flower in 2 oz of alcohol is going to give you anywhere nearly a strong enough liquid that an eyedropper worth will do anything.

Umbra, where are you getting 95% (190 proof) organic grape alcohol? I really hate the taste of Everclear and that is the only alcohol that I can find that strong. I also do not like rum, which is the next strongest thing.

It tastes terrible too. The everclear is bad enough but add a large does of chlorophyll and it's downright rank! I think the way of the future for me is Kravens method and then maybe turn that oil into a vape juice.

I start with kief, no chlorophyll. It's a tincture, just 1 more tool in the toolbelt that's all. There's a place for all forms of extracts.

It tastes terrible too. The everclear is bad enough but add a large does of chlorophyll and it's downright rank! I think the way of the future for me is Kravens method and then maybe turn that oil into a vape juice.

I’m in the beginning of making my first tincture or green dragon whatever you call it I just took a bunch of leftover Roaches broke up all the bud put it in a mason jar covered it with everclear now I’m looking to cook it down in a water bath but I was also looking on how to change the flavor to something that I can handle under the tongue

Last batch of green dragon I made started life as 120 proof corn (a pint) and 30 grams of flower. De-carbed at 240 for 40 and soaked for 2 weeks. Consumed with a small shot glass!

adding a couple drops of oil of cinnamon adds some pizazz and kind of masks the flavor

Latest posts

Back